General C++ Programming - September 2017 (Page 4)

Values not being passed correctly

First I will preface this by saying this is C# code. I have had very good help with this forum and came here for help. The issue I am having is the values fr...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you for all of your help. I was able to figure it out. The probl... (by Bking419)
Convert String to Hexadecimal

Hello, I want to convert a string to its equivalent hexadecimal value. I already convert the string to char array, but I dont know how to convert the char arr...
[5 replies] Last: you don't need to waste so much space or do it this way. char and uns... (by jonnin)
by cppp53
Memory in structs

Hello, I wanted to ask about memory in structs. I have a struct that contains a vector that when I try to add more than a certain number of elements (in my c...
[2 replies] Last: thanks anyway its not seg faulting anymore, i think it was just someth... (by cppp53)
Feedback on C++ application

Hello, I'm new on this forum and I don't know how to post code. Nothing happens when I press the <code> button. I have some code that I hope I can get some h...
[14 replies] Last: http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/preprocessor/impl (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Help with Calculator

I'm trying to create a claculator that asks: For each computation, before getting the numbers, ask the user if they want to perform: • integer arithmetic (wh...
[11 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; double Add_2_Numbers(doubl... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Problem with C++ on XCode

Hey guys, I am very new to programming and am taking a beginners class in college right now. I have to solve for the mean, linear regression line, and variance....
[1 reply] : I would add the .cpp file or screenshots but cannot seem to find the b... (by ihave6rolls)
Help Drawing a House and filling with Characters

I am supposed to be creating a house with characters that combine an empty equilateral triangle and an empty square and both are to be filled in with other char...
[2 replies] Last: I know I don't have a house class, this is a separate test cpp file . (by oatmeal678)
Need Help implementing this algorithm

How do you read variables into the command lines? Prompt: Make a program that implements this algorithm in a function. The main program should accept the value...
[1 reply] : Your professor is asking you to use command-line arguments . That's w... (by Duthomhas)
Defining the copy constructor and copy assignment operator for a user-defined vector

Hi guys, Please take a look at this code. It's under construction still. #include <std_lib_facilities_4.h> using namespace std; template <class T> c...
[14 replies] Last: I should read about C++ inheritance well. (by Frank14)
Image Rotation ?

Hi Guy's I'm only a Novice but can you help Please I'm drawing a basic shape on a Image in Borland C++ Builder which is fine but I want to rotate the shape a...
[6 replies] Last: My greatest condolences. (by Duthomhas)
!!! HELP AN IF FUNCTION PROGRAM (cmd project)

Hello there people of cplusplus.com ;3 I am having quite a bit of trouble with my program here, (ran on if functions) because im a n0b. when I try to write ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you guys for your help, I am a beginner in C++, so this really h... (by TheHomieGracious)
Need assignment help

Hi All I need help with the following program for an assignment. It was already posted but didn't have the complete program. If anyone can give me the full prog...
[1 reply] : > If anyone can give me the full program it is highly appreciated. He... (by JLBorges)
Issues on pointers

Hi, Is nullptr the same and equal to zero? We use a pointer that we assigned nullptr to that in if conditions . And if conditions work only on zero or n...
[10 replies] Last: Thank you all very much. (by Frank14)
by p4nd4
c++ MPG

is there any missing initialize variables? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { double miles, gallons, mpg; char repeat; do {...
[1 reply] : duplicate post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/221870/ (by Chervil)
Problems in creating a new vector (non-std vector) (1,2)

Hello everybody, Here is the exercise number 15 of the book Programming Principles and Practice Using C++ . https://s2.postimg.org/wyjwt43ll/image.png I don't...
[26 replies] Last: I see. I think if I say, most of the whole code running in our life is... (by Frank14)
Error while adding Complex numbers

In below program I am getting 2 errors at below lines. 1. r = sum(p,q); //Function sum should have a prototype. 2. r = sum(p,q); //Cannot convert int to com...
[1 reply] : Right now, you have a sum as a member function ("method") of class Com... (by Ganado)
by ongelo
Class Inheritance & Template Class C++

I am trying to write a program that will allow the user to add items into a shopping cart and remove them. The assignment is to use the Bag class that is alread...
[3 replies] Last: Also if you #include the implementation file at the bottom of the head... (by jlb)
Help with learning Wt?

I want to learn Wt, but I want to use a better tutorial than the official one we already have. So this thread is (also) for a request. If possible, I would li...
[2 replies] Last: The documentation doesn't show the whole code for the classes, though.... (by DragonOsman)
Does template specialization have any use?

Hi Guys, I am studying templates in C++, and just run into this question:"Does template specialization have any use?", because I think if no general type argum...
[9 replies] Last: So I guess my example should be yes, but as JLBorges correctly poin... (by Cubbi)
Display the most frequent character

Hello guys! im trying to this program, where you enter some characters and once you have completed that part the program will show you whats the most frequent l...
[1 reply] : Your model for what you want could be improved and made a lot simpler ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
September 2017 Pages: 123456... 11
  Archived months: [aug2017] [oct2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.