General C++ Programming - September 2017 (Page 5)

c++ loop quit with q issue

i am trying to make a program with a loop that asks the user to input numbers until he/she presses q. Once the q key is pressed the program is supposed to calc...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> int main() { double sum = 0 ; // sum of all ... (by JLBorges)
how to create search student list enrolled for a given course in menu bar

this is my UMS. through this system stores the entire folder of the student. this system have add data, serch data, delete data, update data function. i want to...
[no replies]
Incorrect Math Output

I am having issues with incorrect math output for my program. I have to write a program that takes in two coordinates (for a triangle) and then prints the area ...
[7 replies] Last: Ah @kemort, the area of a triangle on the surface of a sphere is much ... (by lastchance)
how to do coordinate tranformation to cartesian

Hi: I have set of galactic coordinates and want to convert them to cartesian coordinates. Thanks
[10 replies] Last: Guessing at ... L, B, r #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #inclu... (by lastchance)
by yu17
Cpp

Please help #pragma once #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class Student{ public: int StudentID; string Firstname; strin...
[3 replies] Last: If you're unsure what getters and setters are, take a quick look at go... (by Little Captain)
Grid class not working [SOLVED]

I've created a simple Grid class to reuse in projects, but apparently it isn't working well, while it was before. /*Grid.h*/ #ifndef GRID_H #define GRID...
[10 replies] Last: Okay, now I see what you're aiming for, and I like the idea. This is n... (by goldenchicken)
1-9 array finder help

Write a program that looks at a 1D array of 9 numbers and verifies that the array contains each of the numbers 1-9 exactly once. It should display a message "...
[1 reply] : not seeing the valid-array print statement for sure. this is yet ano... (by jonnin)
help with simple formatting?

this is what i have so far but i need help with the formatting, it should look like this https://elearning.utdallas.edu/bbcswebdav/pid-1687963-dt-content-rid-...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, that link still gives me some problems, it leads to a google s... (by Chervil)
I need some help with creating a bool function for my program

So I am kinda stuck and fuzzy on the bools I need a bool function for my program that is called from my getTime function and if the hours, minutes, and second a...
[1 reply] : First: The prototype void getTime (Time & time); does not match th... (by coder777)
long long hex into long long array

I need help, I have a long long variable in hex. I want to convert them into a long long array so that I can access the individual hex value. For example. l...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the information it helps me solve my problem :) (by eleazer215)
Pathing algorithm conundrum

Hello I have been studying pathing algorithms suchs as A * and Dijkstra's, and for the most part I believe I understand their basic concepts. However while t...
[4 replies] Last: If the AI is dealing with unknown map area, then what is "reasonable t... (by DarkLightHitomi)
template with method depending on type

Dear all, Thank you for taking the time to read this. Here is my question: Let say I create template class template <class Type_a> class My_Class ...
[2 replies] Last: Great, thank you golden chicken (by Tontonbaboum)
by Borneq
Simple kernels and virtualizers

I am searching simple, educative nano kernels and simple virtualizers.For example, kernel can be https://github.com/hach-que/Kernel.git or https://github.com/jt...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, osdev it is good place. (by Borneq)
C++ program

I am trying to make a piece of code that calculates the actual size of a hard drive storage for example if a person types 40 the program should display 37.25. I...
[10 replies] Last: As has been pointed, there is GB vs GiB, which is constant, but there ... (by DarkLightHitomi)
please help with this?

This program will calculate the gain or loss for stock that you have purchased and later sold. Write a program that reads in the name of a company. Since the...
[2 replies] Last: I haven't bought the book and this is due tonight Do you simply hate... (by Enoizat)
Question about value of inlining functions or not.

A function call has a cost, but separating things out into functions is useful for breaking up the code, even for sections only used once. If I recall correctl...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks for the replies. Plenty to consider here. (by DarkLightHitomi)
AI Pathfinding method

I am building a general AI for controlling a unit in a simulated environment, like a game (and will be testing it in a rogue-like). The thing is, I am aiming...
[5 replies] Last: The idea is that as the AI learns new routes, it can apply traits to t... (by DarkLightHitomi)
Sales tax programming help?!

Write a C++ program that will compute the total sales tax on a $95 purchase. Assume the state sales tax is 6% and the county sales tax is 2%. You only have to o...
[2 replies] Last: For a simple program like this you can follow the IPO principle ( inpu... (by Thomas1965)
Need Help

You are to write a program which will ask the user for number of students (dynamic array of class Student). For each student, you will ask for first name and...
[1 reply] : Please note that this is not a homework site. We won't do your homewor... (by keskiverto)
help with multiple defined symbols found

int main }
[4 replies] Last: oc (by Andrewcen16)
September 2017 Pages: 1... 34567... 11
  Archived months: [aug2017] [oct2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.