General C++ Programming - September 2017 (Page 7)

by DNS323
File Handling in c++

Hello everyone, I am working on my Project and new to c++. I have a question related to csv file. So, I am working with multiple cpp file in a same Project (...
[no replies]
by teeper
Help With Structs and Modules?

I'm not getting any errors in my program. This is a little incomplete but I just wanted to see if it would output one of the functions in the source file. So...
[6 replies] Last: Gotcha. Thanks guys! (by teeper)
Error in Pointer to array program

There is a lot of confusion in pointers, partly because the programs in slides have errors. Please help in correcting the error in this program. The error which...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. I checked, it would work fine even if float k replaced by int ... (by abcdef123)
help c++

Good evening everyone is there anyone who can help me correct the errors of this program. #include <stdio.h> #include <math.h> #include <stdlib.h> #inclu...
[2 replies] Last: Using code tags would make this easier to read. Here's how > http://ww... (by SamuelAdams)
Question

Guys , i have a question . Can we compare 2 numbers without using while, for, if, else, etc. It is possible ?
[1 reply] : The short answer is yes. However, it depends what you want to do nex... (by Chervil)
Optimization?

Hi all, I'm taking programming lessons and was tasked to write a program which splits a string based on several rules. The rules are the following each part of ...
[2 replies] Last: split out the first letter, check a lookup table of the patterns for ... (by Civer1999)
Error in pointer function

The below function is showing an error : C:\Users\my pc\Documents\C++\Slide7Pointer.cpp invalid conversion from 'int' to 'int*' [-fpermissive] Please tell ...
[9 replies] Last: Got it. Thanksa lot. (by abcdef123)
How Should I Combine One-Per-Row Entries

I have a set of data like this: A B Mon Tue ... _________________ 1|c d 2 0 ... 2|c d 0 8 ... I am trying to consolidate rows 1 and 2 base...
[2 replies] Last: Brute force: #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <string>... (by JLBorges)
How to use void_t like in is_default_constructible

Hello everyone. I wanted to understand how is_default_constructible works, so with some research I came up with this template<typename T, typename = void> s...
[8 replies] Last: might these, in turn, be in line with what Cubbi's saying?: If you l... (by Cubbi)
Making n nodes in linked list using loop.

I just want to create the linked list of n nodes using a loop.here is the code it will works as a infinite loop. can anybody tell why it is not working and why ...
[1 reply] : First, please use code tags in the post. See http://www.cplusplus.com/... (by keskiverto)
by subba
Calling multiple webservice calls using gsoap

Hi, we are using gsoap tools to generate stub from wsdl. Please provide sample to call two webservices in a program. Thanks, Subbarao
[no replies]
Default Constructors and Class

My programs ask for the user input, if it does not meet the criteria it sets its default to 1/1/1500. However, when I run it and enter the criteria it gives me ...
[4 replies] Last: Nevermind I figured it out. (by closed account LyboE3v7)
delete object take time

Hello folks, I have a strange problem. While timing where the bottlenecks are in a big program I discovered that deleting an object took over 2 seconds! S...
[10 replies] Last: > Since the allocation, usage and freeing of the object is within a fe... (by ne555)
SafeArray Template

i having a trouble to run this program because it come up C4716 error msg please help with this thank you so much #include<iostream> using namespace st...
[1 reply] : friend ostream& operator<<(ostream &output, const SA &ob) You need t... (by Thomas1965)
New help with compiler errors-Adjacency Matrix

Errors: So I have errors that I need help fixing for c++11. This deals with undirected graph in the format of adjacency matrix. prompt: Write a C++ 11 functi...
[8 replies] Last: Ok it compiles correctly now. Did I do my main program right? Write a... (by closed account Sz6592yv)
wxWidget(gui) and Thread

function_a and function_b main gui thread: Call function_a in a child thread, post a message(thread-safe by wxWidget self) to the main gui thread after fu...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by Wu zhen hai)
by MegsD
Invalid Input not applying to all statements

Hello Im a few days into learning C++ and was doing an assignment for a class. but when I type (a letter) Ex. "C" instead of an invalid integer like the 1st sta...
[1 reply] : When you enter an invalid character x is not modified. In your case ... (by coder777)
Help me fix my code ?

I'm desperate since I've literally tried everything else with no luck :l Here are the instructions: Write a program that computes the area of a triangle using...
[2 replies] Last: > If I put 5, -7, 9, then it still gives me the S & area even when it'... (by JLBorges)
by bonho
send / receive generic object using boost::async_read/write

I have been implementing a client/server program sending back and forth generic object by the slow and dumb method of encapsulating the object type in string AN...
[1 reply] : Plain text is really the best thing to send. What is the bottleneck fo... (by Cubbi)
Unable to run executable generated after compilation

Hi, I am new to C++. There is an application developed by my peers using Microsoft Visual Studio which compiles and runs as expected on Windows platform. I n...
[1 reply] : You didn't read the manual. You can read the manual by typing % man... (by mbozzi)
September 2017 Pages: 1... 56789... 11
  Archived months: [aug2017] [oct2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.