General C++ Programming - September 2019 (Page 2)

Extended ASCII characters to decimal conversion

Hi All, Is there any way to convert extended ASCII charters(from the range 128-255) to its corresponding decimal values programmatically? Brief:: standard...
[6 replies] Last: I mean the Windows command window. I don't use, need or like IDEs. ... (by lastchance)
by aster
split a string into substring and return as a 2D char array

hello, My goal is to make a function that takes a string and some delimites, then it split the string in substring, add them to a 2D char array and finally r...
[14 replies] Last: really need to put my hands on a good C/C++ book Books, as in more t... (by George P)
Need help with my Camera Class! Please!!

Hey guys, this is my first post asking for help on this forum for about 7-8 years. I'm using DirectX(I know should go under Windows or Game programming,but nobo...
[6 replies] Last: 10 radians is 573 degrees. this isnt critical in pure math, but maybe... (by jonnin)
Not able to push_back a class object to a vector

Hello all, I am trying to create a vector of object Course and then fill the vector with a temp value. A loop will cycle through entries that come from a text ...
[4 replies] Last: At risk of repeating mbozzi; Course temp; - this creates a Course... (by Repeater)
by Dryeye
Not getting expected output on program

I can't seem to get the expected out for the following program: Summary Interest on a credit card’s unpaid balance is calculated using the average daily...
[3 replies] Last: I figured it out. instead of using the equation provided which was: ... (by Dryeye)
how to make scrolling wrap-around effect for my code?

I am having problem in scrolling my code from left to right, upward and downward.I am written my code as followed: #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #incl...
[5 replies] Last: your friend's words and your code are not matching at all. your code ... (by jonnin)
Modify infomation in file

Hi, could anyone explain to me why the value that I change by using Modify() function does not replace the previous value? It will also occur a lot of meaningle...
[17 replies] Last: Sorry if my question bother that much. I apologize! It's that there... (by MikeyBoy)
Need help with program templating

I need to be able to input either a int or string and perform several different actions that are mentioned in the case switch down below. I am not sure what I...
[4 replies] Last: OP, see this thread: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/258632/ (by mbozzi)
I Needed very very basic collision detection

Hi guys . I developing a game engine from scratch but i dont know how to add collision detection i googled over 10 x times but every source just slowed developm...
[8 replies] Last: theres no struct about object a object b i added struct objects th... (by ASingleGameEngineDevelop)
Why is this code showing no output?

#include <iostream> #include <cstring> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { char *abc = "((((((a+b)))"; char *s; s = new char[strlen(abc)]; ...
[4 replies] Last: I finished my post. Be sure to read through all the commentary. Good ... (by Duthomhas)
by Dee5
Changing file extensions.....

The flash disk contents are in a folder named “flash-disk”. Please help me create a program that can visit each folder and its subfolders in the “flash-di...
[4 replies] Last: How does your code get to know the names of the files to be changed? ... (by salem c)
segfault at method invocation

I don't know whether this is a good forum for posting my question because it depends on SFML library, but the SFML forum is little frequented. So I post my prob...
[3 replies] Last: ne555's array access issue is potentially your issue and should be fix... (by Ganado)
Create file to access in program

In the program I've written, I stream data into a vector<struct> from some files up to sizes of 3GB. Each time I run the program it has to read the file and str...
[2 replies] Last: it sounds like you already have something. does it work? Is it too s... (by jonnin)
Eclipse IDE - CMD Pops Up, Then Hides, No Output on Console Window!!

Read: Console Closing Down http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1988/
[3 replies] Last: system pause may not be understood by a unix ported compiler/subsystem... (by jonnin)
Parsing file using space delimiter issue

Hi, I have a file in the following format : ********************************************************** Startpoint: reg_4A Endpoint: reg_49A slack (V...
[1 reply] : first: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/jEywvCM9/ and for your homew... (by poteto)
Uncertain Behavior of String.find() in Loop

Hi Members, This is a small utility program,which deletes the contents of a tag from an xml file. In my case the tag is <call>,so ideally am trying to delete ...
[2 replies] Last: @ Salem Thanks for showing the code is working fine. I tried debuggi... (by NiharRNanda)
Error while Loading Json file

In my current directory I have a file named demo.json and I want to load this json file. But that is not working, because something is wrong in the I think js...
[6 replies] Last: You can provide the path: test my/path/to/demo.json (by coder777)
by zayx
Stack Gotoxy

i cant compile with gotoxy, its show me windows.h as an error stack.h #ifndef STACK_H_INCLUDED #define STACK_H_INCLUDED #include <exception> #include<st...
[2 replies] Last: > class StackException: > public std::exception > { > private: > ... (by salem c)
Help please

COSC 1436 Lab Chapter 4 Here we will be taking data in as a file instead of from the command line (no cin). Note that the sample file provided here is not th...
[1 reply] : Everyone here can do this very easily. You should be able to do thi... (by Duthomhas)
Please check the accuracy of my code (yes or no statements, withdrawal)

Hello! I was hoping someone could just check over my code. I am trying to create a program that lets a user input a numerical value and then have the program ou...
[7 replies] Last: // Test the Remainder Amount if it is even int remE; remE... (by ne555)
September 2019 Pages: 1234... 7
  Archived months: [aug2019] [oct2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.