• Forum
  • Jobs
  • Programmer Wanted - Someone Who Is Tired

Programmer Wanted - Someone Who Is Tired Of Nonsense

My name is Jonathan White. My education is in art and design. I'm a right brained person trained left brained. I'm having a hard time finding work and have had closed doors after closed doors. I'm tired. I'm disheartened. I'm embarrassed. I just want to work in games without all the nonsense, people bailing on projects and the like.

I'm looking for one programmer. Just one. I don't want a fleet of people working because that is a disaster waiting to happen. Been down that road. So, I need one person who is:

-Capable of building an engine. 2D sprites, particles, weight(?), UI, gameplay, simple enemy AI... the works. We're making a game after all. If it makes sense to bring on more people in the future, we will.
-Good at commenting code
-Collaborating and communicating over Skype/e-mail/other services. We'll be sharing phone numbers as well, most likely.
-Ready to commit. This doesn't have to be full time work, but I expect you to take it seriously. Working on it occasionally is not sufficient. I don't know how long it will take. There will be a lot of frustrations, blood, sweat, and tears. We may not have anything for months but we're smart (you're smarter than me), committed, we're going to have milestones, a business model, keep one another in check. You're through screwing around and you're ready to commit for yourself and your career. You're ready to make this a portion of your life. Not just an hour here and there.
-Honest and have integrity.
-You can visualize things in your mind fairly well.

Bonus points if you:
-Tend to like competitive, cooperative, team games, or otherwise games that don't spoon feed you victory.
-Tend to like retro style graphics, 2D art, but you also play newer games as well. You're a farily well rounded gamer.
-Can take criticisms well. Same with me. If you think something should be changed, you're not afraid to say something.
-Played cooperative games, understand concepts like the trinity and action based combat.
-Can do "network stuff". This will be a cooperative game.
-Have experience with scheduling, management, and have good people skills
-You can write. Totally optional, but would be cool.

The project will be in sections. We will discuss the first milestone. Once we reach it, we can assess where we are, how we feel, etc. It will be equal ownership of the project's assets.

If you're interested, my e-mail is my user name @gmail.com or my Skype name is "xflopjack". Serious inquires only. I can't stress this enough. Do not be that guy who is excited for a few weeks then suddenly isn't heard from again. I'm not trying to be mean, I would love to hear from all of you and chill out and eat pizza, but I can't. I love pizza though.

We'll discuss the details and we can figure out if we're a good fit and if you're interested.
Last edited on
I would be interested to hear more about this. I have about 5 years c++ ( and other languages ) experience but no real team experience. I am mostly self taught. It sounds like you know what you are doing and would make a good project leader. I have been looking for someone like that for a while email me at adivitto23@gmail.com if you are still interested.
I would be willing to help although I do not have a lot of wisdom in programming but if you need help contact me @ www.zandhuang@gmail.com.
oo can I be the end user :D if you guys need a test subject for bugs, I would love to bend your game 360 degrees , pull it apart, and find the bugs for you guys :), my email is stanleyykk@gmail.com and yes my name is stanley :)
Last edited on
I want to require a professional men or women, who know about web develop which he can manage forum for my blog http://www.ccolumns.com
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.