C++ Software Engineer / Programmer / Developer, Linux, Oxford, £29-36,500. This is a fixed term salaried contract until 29th February 2016. (Must be a EU-citizen or hold a UK work permit)
This is an opportunity to work on some of the most sophisticated and innovative commercial mobile robotics systems that we have ever seen.
- Excellent C++ programming experience.
- Good C++ development on a Linux platform.
- Experience in writing "soft real-time" code.
- Proficient user of Linux.
- Must have a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related subject.
- Version Control and Testing experience e.g. CMake, GIT, Unit Testing, Regression Testing etc.
- Must be happy with a fixed term salaried contract position
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of imaging / computer vision techniques.
- Experience with robotics and embedded computing.
- Knowledge of Python, MATLAB or Java.
- Knowledge of SQL, OpenGL, CUDA or OpenCL
About the role:
The successful C++ Software Engineer / Programmer / Developer ( Linux and CMake, GIT, Unit Testing or Regression Testing ) will be part of an innovative software engineering group.
The particular focus of this project is to deliver a novel, flexible, compact and portable asset mapping system using enhanced 3D imaging and visual analytics.
- Writing software in C++ on a Linux platform across a number of our client's sophisticated robotics systems.
- Supporting ambitious field trails and data collection exercises in outdoor settings. This involves travel to test sites and industrial partners.
- Undertaking documentation and testing of the code base.
About the Company:
Our client holds a world leading position in navigation, mapping and large scale mobile autonomy.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a Word copy of your CV.