Video Game - Aeldyr

Hobbyist project if you're looking for some fun!
( No salaries, potential profit in the future however, no guarantees )

First off, the project is still fresh, the development kit is currently in progress. I'd like to get the codebase for the game itself prepped a bit however.

You can find some info on our IndieDB page: http://www.indiedb.com/company/altered-cat-entertainment

Requirements
---------------
General proficiency with C++
Ability to use Git/Bitbucket for source control
Knowledge of SFML ( some knowledge of an API such as SDL or Allegro at least )
Ability to write comprehensible English.

Some super bonuses, but not required
----------------
Knowledge of Lua and Luabind
Knowledge of Boost
Knowledge of OpenGL for more advanced features such as lighting

Aeldyr is planned as a 2d open world rpg ( real open world, as few loading screens as possible )

Within Aeldyr is a great amount of diversity. Abundant races, biomes, languages, pieces of lore. The intention is to create a game that pleases the mind, not just the eyes. If you wish to learn about the world of Aeldyr, you need only email us.

If you're interested and would like more info, please email us at alteredcatentertainmentdev@gmail.com
Strait off, I don't think I can help, or if I can it'd be very little. I am very interested in the project though and if I could I would love to help but I feel I am very inexperienced and am still not knowledgeable enough.

I wanted to ask if I could simply spectate this project, view the source code, and watch the formation of the work from start (or where ever you currently are) to finish. I want to see how large projects come together and also hopefully learn about any libraries that may be included too, and the style of engines or certain ways of doing particular things in code as to better educate myself as a programmer.

I'd understand if you feel you'd rather not let me in because of privacy and pride with your work and such but this is what I want to do with my hobby, I want to be able to help people in little indie projects and be a useful part of development.

Thanks either way though.
(And if anyone else sees this and wouldn't mind my spectating their project then please let me know, tah).
Hey Austin!

Ive got some allegro knowledge and proficiency with c++, so I was thinking I could help you guys out a bit with this project. I havent really done this kind of team dev for a game, so dont expect too much from me.
But I was actually thinking of trying to dev a game just like this!!! The way you described it was literally the exact idea I had, so this really caught my attention!

pm me if you think I could help you guys out at all.

EDIT:

Also, I forgot to mention that my friend is into music production, and is quite experienced with it too.
He says that he can to Sound Effects, Music, or both if you want him to.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.