• Forum
  • Jobs
  • Would anyone take on an apprentice?

Would anyone take on an apprentice?

I'm just curious if anyone out there would take on an apprentice, like me for example?

I'm 26, Work full time doing Asbestos removal, sometimes I work all over the state and sometimes I work up to 70hrs a week. I'm currently going to school part time to pursue my dream job becoming a software developer. I'm also a daddy of a 10mth old little girl. I don't have much time to spare but when I do I'm always got a side project I'm working on from HTML to C++, I really have a passion for coding, my girlfriend looks at me like I'm crazy but in some strange fucked up imaginative way I see coding like the ultimate virtual Legos. I'm constantly updating my resume and applying for IT jobs just looking for that game changer to get my career going. I'm mostly self taught and would say I know the Basics of C++ from "Beginning C++ Through Game Programming 4th edition" by Michael Dawson.. Now I'm at a cross road and I'm not quite sure where to go from here.. I've did lots of research and been playing with SFML2.1 Lib and also wasted the money on the book(I find it a hard read and all over the place), obviously I don't expect anyone to teach me everything but a push here and there with some guidance could make me the next Bjarne Stroustrup !
I'd be happy to help you along the way. Aside from learning the basic C++ syntax, it's also important to at least study and be comfortable with the Standard Library, itself. Also, knowing multiple languages could be quite an asset.

I've been tutoring university students in C++and introductory HTML for a year, so I'm willing to try my hand at helping you. I don't charge super-high prices either, only $9/hour (negotiable!), so let me know if I can accommodate you and I'll do my best any way I can.

My experience:
-3+ years of C++
-Java
-C#
-SQL
-HTML
-CSS

You can email me at: sparkprogrammer@gmail.com

Regards,
Joe
Last edited on
Anything you don't understand PM me, No registration, and certainly no fee's.

If you would like access to reading material, I can offer a link to my gmail drive with hundreds of programming and computer architecture books and hand written notes. Every little boys dream.

Again, no charge.
If you're interested, we are actually looking for some interns and part time developers. The programming language is mainly C and ErLang though. I am a seasoned C++ developer myself, so along the road, I can help you with C++ as well.

If you're interested, please e-mail me at msz006c1a@gmail.com.

Regards,
Andy
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.