C++ Engineer Boston, Ma

Sr. Software Engineer with C++ (Growth Team at join.me)- Boston, MA

Our new headquarters in the heart of Boston's Innovation District is 6 floors of sunlight and activity. The 360-degree view from the roof-deck is one of the best you'll ever enjoy. Our offices in Australia, Hungary, India, Ireland, and the UK may not have a view of the Boston skyline but they are "not too shabby” at all.

To meet some of the team, please watch the video linked below!

HTTP://GOO.GL/V94BR

Job Description:

As a member of the Growth Team, you will help answer the question: how can we improve overall experience and conversion for join.me users? You will be a strong contributor in a solve/hack/code/test anything team with a focus on C++. This is a unique position within the join.me team that requires a strong blend of programming chops and business acumen.

Responsibilities and Essential Functions:

•Work closely with the product, marketing, and business development teams to generate hypotheses for business growth opportunities. Deliver solutions to test those hypotheses.
•Extend join.me’s client applications with new features. Work with a native codebase on multiple platforms and languages.
•Implement tools and tracking to improve the measurement of feature usage and user experience.
•Cooperate with geographically diverse feature development teams.
•Work with release management to drive efficiency in production release throughput.
•Maintain, verify and extend code, make approved changes.
•Participate in code reviews.
•Create and maintain internal technical documentation.
•Create and maintain unit / automation test cases.
•Tackle and solve challenging problems at high success rate.
•Work in an agile environment.

Requirements

•Degree in computer science, engineering or science
•At least 3 years of C++ (and/or Objective-C) development, with some UI focus
•Strong C++ skills, including C++11 features
•Enthusiasm for constantly learning new platforms, languages and technologies
•Ability to quickly get things done in unfamiliar codebases
•Strong code contribution skills — ability to change code maintained by other teams and push those changes upstream
•Strong written and oral communication skills
•UI programming experience on at least one platform. We use Qt, AppKit, UIKit, Android, HTML5 and WPF - bring one or more, we will let you try the rest
•Strong coding skills
•Advanced code optimization and debugging experience
•Excellent problem solving ability
•Takes the initiative to complete important tasks; influences others to consider alternative approaches that show increased value

Bonus Points

•Experience with distributed development methods (e.g., contributions to open source projects)
•Windows system programming experience
•Experience with Objective-C
•Experience with cross-platform C++ and interoperability with other languages
•Experience with multithreading
•Experience with network programming and web services
•Experience with HTML, XML, CSS, JS, ASP.NET, C#, Web API, MVC, .NET 4.5
•Experience with version control and bug tracking systems such as Perforce or Git and JIRA
•Experience with distributed systems
•Experience working in agile environment

LogMeIn offers:
•World-class software products
•Agile, never-boring development
•Fast development cycles
•Millions of enthusiastic users
•Competitive salaries & benefits

[PLEASE APPLY HERE]
https://secure.logmein.com/about/careers/jobs.aspx?gnk=job&gni=8a29a0184b0aafef014b2c644f197ff3&gns=Company%20Website
Last edited on
​Hello!

​I am writing ​to inform you there is a strong C++ team available since March 11.

​The team includes 3 developers headed by a Teamlead.​

​The skills are as follows:​

Languages: C/C++ , Java/jni, C++/CLI, C# pinvoke

RDBMS: SQLite, Oracle, PostgreSQL

Frameworks/Technologies:
STL, Boost, MFC, Codejock, Qt4/Qt5, Jira, GitLab, Jenkins, Redmine, TBB, APR, cmake, nsis, POSIX, Win API, Google Protobuf, gtest

​The team works on behalf of SimbirSoft Ltd., a global custom software ​development company founded in 2001. To know more you could look at the brochure attached.

​We will be happy to help your business deliver more services to your clients.​​

At your interest, just let me know and I will give more details. ​

Thank you.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.