As the part of TV Operating System (TVOS) team, you will design, develop and deliver high quality embedded software components for YouView Set-Top-Box. You will be working with technically sharp, multicultural, highly-motivated team, utilizing best software development practices and Agile software development process. You will work with and contribute to various Open Source Software and proprietary internal solutions.
This role consists of design and improvement of production quality software components in C++/C, software integration, system debugging and running acceptance tests on target platforms. The primary focus of this work will be core Set-Top-Box middleware & Multimedia components in embedded Linux environment.
The role includes supporting other YouView teams and STB manufacturers.
The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of C++, strong problem solving and issues debugging skills in complex environments.
• extensive C++ knowledge, including boost with multi-threaded, asynchronous and exception safe programming
• experience with platform and software validation
• complex software debugging skills
• hands-on experience with toolchains, compilers, debuggers, build systems
• experience of resource-constrained platforms
• familiarity with inter-process communication (IPC) mechanisms and fault tolerant multi-process architectures
• familiarity with Linux systems, distributions, GNU tools
• good communication and organisational skills
• strong problem solving skills
• structured approach to work, analysis and reporting
Additional desirable Skills and Experience
• Set-Top-Box, DVD/Blu-ray, Media Player or similar software stacks and relevant standards experience
• Modern C++ standards - C++11/14, Async patterns and move semantics
• Digital TV / DVB
• Platform & Content Security - CA / DRM / Cryptography
• Media streaming: IPTV & adaptive bitrate like Apple HLS, MPEG-DASH, Microsoft
• Digital Audio/Video media formats: MPEG, AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265, Dolby, etc.
• Linux APIs: Linux DVB, V4L2, Media Controller, DirectFB, OpenGL, OpenMAX, Wayland, systemd etc.
• Linux Kernel knowledge: memory management, drivers, file systems, etc.
• SoC core architecutres: ARM, MIPS, etc.
• scripting (i.e. Bash, Python)
• git, svn, JIRA, Stash
• Relaxed environment (dress-down office) in the City of London (Monument / London Bridge)
• Flexi-working hours
• Strong possibility of evolution within the team and within the company
We are USA based team of people who have work on TV platforms (DVB/ATSC etc ) .
With engineers from major DVD/Blue-day,SetTop Box , IPTV consumer electronics MNCs , team has ample exposure of work with multimedia players and various media formats .
Working for consumer product development naturally brings exposure open source usage , c++ , Linux , ARM , build systems , cmake/make , GDB , etc .