Rookie

Recently, i completed reading and practicing C++ programming book thoroughly(all chapters 1- 20) of Tonny Gaddis 6th Edition on VS 2017 C++ Console Application projects. My background is automation/controls engineer and currently working as controls engineer. My day to day job is to write, test and troubleshoot sequential logical programs to control hardware based on text programming or PLC programming. Lately i have been very interested into object oriented programming that may include Embedded engineering. Long story short if i need to get hands on experience job on c++ programming or embedded programming that uses C++ what kind of job i should be looking for and luckily get offered and what kind of prior coding experience do i need. Is practicing books examples and tutorials enough to start professional career into C++. As of now I don't have any professional experience in C++ but i can read the code and interpret its meaning and with some guidance for short period of time i should be able to handle intermediate projects on own with minimal supervision.

If any one can suggest their valuable views regarding my current situation would be very help full.

Thank you in advance for your valuable time.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.