• Forum
  • Jobs
  • [ROYALTY] Anti-Cheat Business Looking fo

[ROYALTY] Anti-Cheat Business Looking for C++ Game Programmers!

[ROYALTY] Anti-Cheat Business Looking for C++ Game Programmers!

Project Title:
Anti-Cheat Business

Description:
We're looking for a C++ Game Programmer to work on a new Anti-Cheat Business. There is a potential ownership stake involved.

This business is not related to programming an actual Anti-Cheat. It will not be used to detect cheaters. It is a service to be connected to existing anti-cheat.

To fully implement the service we'll need a single C++ Game Programmer (hence why we're looking here) and a Website / Database Developer (which we'll look for elsewhere).

Because this service doesn't currently exist, we're hesitant to go into in-depth details in a public forum post. You can legally patent / protect a product, whereas ideas get no legal protection whatsoever.

But we do have a full Powerpoint Briefing available for those individuals who would like to know more. <-----------------------Important!

The individual must currently reside inside the United States and be a legal United States resident. Telecommute / Online work is OK, relocation is not necessary. We'll explain why during the briefing.

Team Structure:
Ecommerce Developer (Filled)
C++ Programmer (Vacant)
Website / Database Developer (Vacant)

Previous Work:
Ecommerce Developer has 10+ Years of Ecommerce Development / Ownership with over 6 Million Dollars in sales.

Talent Required:
C++ Game Programmer
- Must have C++ Programming Experience, not just Blueprints.
- Must be willing to take on challenging tasks and do / learn whatever is needed to accomplish them.
- Self motivated and driven to succeed.
- Must be a legal US resident and currently residing inside the United States.

E-mail: AntiCheatService@yahoo.com
The Website / Database Developer is On Board!

Here's their introduction:

Stopping by to introduce myself, I'm the guy referenced above. As advertised I have 5+ years of freelance experience with web development on the LAMP stack and .NET with C#. I have not personally worked with C++ for several years, which makes my recency of experience very limited. We are actively seeking an individual with C++ experience to join us for this venture. This project has realistic objectives and is not another "pie in the sky." If you understand the fundamentals of C++ and can work with server code (authentication/authorization) then this would be a great project for you. The scope of this project as advertised might be misleading in regards to making this project sound like a huge undertaking, but it is just a small piece of the Anti-cheat industry, and you really need to sign an NDA to get the details to see that. This truly is a perfect opportunity for someone who is ready for some "real world" experience to build their portfolio.
Still looking for a C++ Programmer!

I totally understand that anti-cheat doesn't sound sexy.  It's not COD.  It's not Multiplayer Survival.  After you get the presentation though, I guarantee you'll be interested (especially if you're a multiplayer gamer)!
Which libraries would you want the programmer to know? A game programmer might be a bit vague. Something like DirectX? Do you have your own library for them to learn? Or do you simply need pure C++?
Last edited on
I'm not 100% sure. I know that other games have done some similar things, but what we're doing is different.

The game needs to be able to communicate with a database similar to MySQL. It has to transmit data to that database and receive data back. I have the MySQL guy on board, and he knows what he needs to do, but we don't know how that interacts with C++.

Think of it this way.........Battlefield likes to use Web Browsers as their preferred Server Select and Statistics Tracking method. You join game servers from their website. You can see your kill / death ratio from that same website. Somehow the game is communicating that data back and forth from the website to the game. That's the type of functionality we need from the C++ coder.

There will be no tutorials on it. You can't go to the Unreal Marketplace and purchase a pack. You'll have to figure out how to do it yourself. There may be articles and resources online that might be able to help, but I'm not 100% sure.

If you're interested in hearing more, the presentation goes over the basics of the data transfer needed.

It's going to be a lot of learning involved. But not a lot of time. Say maybe 10 hours a week or so. At this stage it's mostly doing research on how it "could be" done.

Once we get the first customer on-board, part of that agreement will include the "game developer's" C++ programmers helping you to do the integration.

At some point after doing a few integrations with the "game developer" C++ programmers help, you won't need help anymore.

It'll be interesting, it'll be hard, it'll be fun, it'll be frustrating, but in the end I think it could be highly profitable. Just need to get it to work :)

p.s. It sounds complex, but it could be easy. We don't know until we start researching the C++
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.