Naughty Dog is hiring! We are the creators of Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, and Uncharted. We have multiple openings at our studio for a gameplay scripter at our beautiful location in Santa Monica, California.
• Coordinating and implementing special case gameplay scenarios, in game cinematics, and AI behaviors
• Owning specific scenarios: creatively iterating on the design and polishing the gameplay experience by collaborating closely with animators and programmers
• General scripting support for the rest of the design team: writing global functions, debugging scripts, prototyping gameplay
• Strong programming skills (Computer Science undergraduate degree preferred)
• Games scripting experience strongly preferred
• Strong methodology and problem solving ability and with a focus on creative, fun and innovative solutions
• Strong and effective communication skills and organizational ability
• Pro-active attitude
• Exceptional team player with the ability to collaborate without losing sight of the gameplay vision
• Willingness to take design direction when offered
• Working knowledge of Maya, 3DS Max or similar 3D package preferred
• Experience with 3D level editors
• Strong game design sense: must be able to intelligently discuss the strengths of weaknesses of recent games.
• Desire to be a part of the Naughty Dog team
• Familiarity with a LISP or Scheme-like language preferred
• Experience of developing third-person action games preferred
• Good sense of cinematography and pacing
Please send your resume in a Word document to Rodney_Reece@naughtydog.com with "Gameplay Scripter | Your Name" in the subject line. Best of luck.