International Gaming League is an online video game competition provider. Its website acts as a hub for video gamers with competitive interests, and allows for a platform upon which players can access organized competition services, match broadcasts and social media aspects, all under the shield of IGL's anti-cheat and scrim finder software. By providing players with opportunities to win cash and hardware prizes through competitions, IGL places itself as an influence in the world of Electronic Sports, a multi-million dollar international industry.
As a programmer at IGL, you will be tasked with the challenge of designing and implementing creative methods to prevent and detect cheating in the array of online games supported by IGL.
Working closely with a team of 4-5 developers, you will be creating one of the most sophisticated client side tools in the eSports industry. The tool will consist of a chat network, pick-up game system (where users can play self-organized competitive style match-ups), and most importantly cheat detection. The goal is to create and maintain a complete client that users log into and use daily.
• Ability to work independently without supervision
• Team oriented, communicates well
• Result driven, ability to follow task through to completion
• Attention to detail
• Well written; ability to contribute to design documents
• Capability of taking on responsibility, and delegating when necessary
• C++ (2yrs+)
• Network & security protocols
• Client/Server connectivity
• Black-box & white-box testing experience
• Steam / Valve Games
• EA Sports Games (ex. Battlefield)
Nice to have:
• Experience coding at the Kernel level (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_(computer_security)
Volunteer, with potential of payroll
Depending on your role at IGL, you may qualify for re-imbursement of, utilities used to complete IGL assigned. Some examples include games, hardware, software and internet access.
jobs [at] playigl [dot] com
Subject: C++ Programmer