Waterfront International is a Toronto-based financial consulting firm, specializing in developing computer based statistical trading strategies. Waterfront’s selective hiring process considers only highly talented individuals with a history of exceptional professional and academic achievement, and solid real-world experience.
Join our team developing and administering leading edge, non-stop, global 24x7 financial trading systems. We develop real-time trading applications utilizing the latest hardware running Linux OS. You will work with a small but demanding group of technical and non-technical users. Our growing team seeks a highly talented C/C++/Linux/X Window programmer to work on components of our trading systems - enhancing the existing systems, developing real-time GUI displays and directly supporting technical and non-technical users.
This is not a traditional development environment. Our goal is to get from idea to implementation as quickly as possible, while maintaining high quality and reliability. Developers typically work independently on a mix of short term (1-2 days), mid term (1-3 week) and long term (1-6 month) projects. To work in this fast paced, dynamic, and demanding environment you must be an exceptional C/C++/Linux programmer.
• Developing new software as well as enhancing existing systems.
• Working with distributed, multithreaded systems with a strong emphasis on performance and latency.
• Developing real-time, X Window GUI displays for financial trading systems.
• Fast paced development environment.
• A very technical role - 10% analysis, 90% programming.
• C/C++/Linux Programming.
• X Window programming using QT.
• Multithreaded programming.
Requirements of the Candidate include:
• 5+ years of professional C/C++ programming experience in a Linux/UNIX environment.
• Comfortable with programming in a production environment.
• Programming experience with X Window QT and multithreaded technologies.
• Experience with large projects.
• Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or closely related field.
• Stable career history.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Network programming using socket interface a plus.
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Toronto, ON. Canada.