Founded in 1996, Rocket Gaming Systems is a rapidly growing leader in Class II casino-style gaming. Our primary customers are casinos owned and operated by Native American Tribes throughout the US. We employ over 300 people at offices in Las Vegas, Nevada; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Grove, OK, and Vancouver, British Columbia.
To Apply: please visit www.rocketgaming.com
Title Software Engineer - Associate
Job Type Full Time Regular
Posting Number 11-C-102
The person in this role will be responsible for designing and developing gaming applications for delivery to the field.
You will actively participate in several phases of development including design, development, and test. You will efficiently write stable, understandable, upgradable, and maintainable code in Visual C++. You will follow quality standards and methodologies established by the team.
• Participates in creative meetings to discuss, help develop, and solicit game requirements.
• Develops gaming applications based on requirements in Visual C++ using pre-defined methodologies, common code, and standard tools.
• Participates in code reviews.
• Estimates, tracks, and reports time spent and time left on assigned tasks to team lead/manager on a daily and weekly basis, both
informally and formally.
• Writes and executes unit tests and follows build acceptance procedures in order to ensure stable, complete software is delivered to QA.
• Fixes software defects on pre and post-release gaming software.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Experience developing in C++ and using the MS Visual Studio IDE.
2. Experience with object-oriented design and development.
3. Excellent organizational and motivational skills with the ability to achieve results within tight deadlines.
4. Experience working in a professional team environment following pre-defined software development methodologies.
Education and Experience
1. Post-secondary education in one of Computing Science, Software/Computer Engineering, or the equivalent professional experience.
2. Minimum of 1 year of developing in C++in a professional team environment.