Please note, this position is located in Chicago and is NOT open to telecommuting. Thank you, everyone! Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, please.
Join a globally-positioned, proprietary trading firm that remains on the cutting edge of algorithmic trading. This firm has offices in Chicago, London and Singapore, and trades across all major asset classes in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Because of an ongoing commitment to technology and human capital this is an industry leader, quietly setting the standard for sophisticated trading strategies.
This individual will be part of the Core Development team and will be responsible for developing and maintaining high performance, multi tiered, highly scalable, thin-client Graphical User Interfaces in QT. This hands on role will work with high performance messaging systems and an advanced server infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, and support real-time windows trading GUI applications in C++ with QT.
• Design, develop, and support GUIs for risk management, configuration of high frequency trading machines, application monitoring and parameterization of analytics servers.
• Stay abreast of advances in technology.
• Develop back-end C++ Linux data servers feeding data the high-performance real-time QT GUI thin client.
• Gather and document user requirements/features.
• Define unit and acceptance tests for applications.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to work with traders and business users directly.
• Strong programming C++ skills using in Windows and Linux environment.
• Knowledge of C# and MFC.
• Knowledge of QT.
• Experience with TCP protocol and pub/sub middleware.
• Experience with Multithreaded programming.
• Experience with STL.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of operating systems and networks.
• Proficient with source code management system.
• Confident team player motivated by a fast paced environment.
• Familiarity with OpenGL a plus.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
• Minimum 5+ years hands on development experience.