Please note: This Position is located in Chicago, IL and is NOT open to Telecommuting. Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you, Everyone!
• Learn and internalize the theories behind current trading system.
• Participate in the design, architecture and implementation of next generation fixed income trading system.
• Take ownership of system from design through implementation.
• Work with team members in foreign offices to ensure on time and high quality delivery.
• Work closely with leadership and trading teams to create requirements for new systems and features.
• Work closely with project manager and developers to create agile plans and to break down plans into executable tasks.
• Analytical Mindset.
• Exceptionally proficient in C++.
• Experience in Python or similar dynamic language.
• Familiarity with Linux environments (Windows a plus).
• Ability to manage numerous software development priorities with ease.
• Experience with hardware and real-time systems a plus.
• Focus on performance of applications under high load.
• Consistently improving skill set and knowledge base.
• Willingness to work on the cutting edge of technology.
• Iterative development style.
• Efficient communicator.
• Easy going nature.
• Three or more years experience as a fixed income trading system developer.
• Deep understanding of fundamentals of Fixed Income products and trading ecosystem.
• Understanding of exchange connectivity details of one or more Fixed Income exchanges.
• High level knowledge & competencies in one or more of the following areas: TCP stack optimization
• Proprietary Network Protocols, Low Level Performance/Cache Optimization/Profiling.
• Ability to relate/communicate effectively to all levels of associates - management, developers, traders, and operations.
• Heavy attention to detail; broad picture view as well.
• Creative/Innovative problem solving skills.
• In-depth knowledge of desktop and network software.