• Forum
  • Jobs
  • Looking For a Guy To Program With :)

Looking For a Guy To Program With :)

Pages: 12
Hey i don't know if i am allowed to post this in jobs but let's agree to make an exception.

So Like The Title Says i Want To Try To Program With Someone :P

i'm 15 and i am not that good

I know:
-Batch Scripting
-C++ Console(pretty good for a beginner)

i also am not that bad with Cinema 4D.
i got no idea about photoshop =X

i have been programming C++ Consoles for a Year and a Half(plus in school also) :D

so if anyone is up for making a Game(i have started Two Games) or some pretty cool stuff let me know :)

Also let me know if i posted in a wrong section ;)
and i know i write upper case alot , like this "Hello People Of Earth"
and smileys.
Hey, I am 16. Looking for a similar thing, tried to teack friend to program (it failed miserably), if you are interested drop me a Private Message (PM).

Edit: I have about 5 years programming experience, and about 1year in C++
Last edited on
its not really in the wrong place, but it would be better in lounge. i would love to join in. I know c++, c, php, shell scripting, batch, php, a little javascript, a little objective-c, html, and css

edit: im 16 and have been programming for a little over a year. so im not the best in any of these languages but im pretty good because a lot of these languages are very similar.
Last edited on
well i have been talking a little with script coder so pm me and we'll try to make a team if everyone is up for that

PM me :D
i know c++, and lua but i'm 18 but i'd be down
hey, I'm in, as long as it has no d3d in it.

i'm 16 over here, and you have to take some posts with a grain of salt, because my friend (aka world's worst troll) has my login info.

also not the best...got about 1year but learning fast.
Last edited on
Hey guys :)
Okay so we tried a 2d game and it was a piece of Crap
New Deal i will consider is Making a interesting 3d game

3D Game:
-We Need A Good Engine.
-We Need Someone who knows good AutoCad for weapons
-Somebody who knows Lua (CryTek Engine Is Free uses C++ and Lua)
-i will take care the rest :)
If you tried to make a 2d game and failed, what makes you think that you will do any better in 3d? Instead, why don't you find out where you went wrong and remember that in the next 2d game you make, so that each subsequent game is better than the previous. Eventually you'll have some pretty cool stuff.
I agree with ModShop, if you couldn't make a 2d game, you almost have no chance in 3D.
Okay, I do not feel the situation has been explained so this is my point of view. whilst making the 2D game (and it did progress slowly as this is out first project together) Riper realized that he wanted to do a 3d game with an engine (this is the part we we disagreed) . I would not mind continuing with the 2D game so as to prove that we are capable.
Hey...I know autoCAD and have the 2013 edition.
Hey ModShop
Look Let me explain One I never said I CAN"T HANDLE IT, so next time ask ,before u say anything.

The 2D game was Good, i never said it wasn't. Progress was going good.

I want our game to be more, i want as to act as a little company.
to make games that will be PLAYED.

I can handle the game it will just take me a long time to develop it.
I don't Care HOW we do it , i want it to be DONE.

I want us to make a INTERESTING GAME, UNIQUE GAME.
Is Counter Strike 1.6 a good 3d game with High graphics => NO, But Still Is One Of The Most Played Games.

We can make a Little Team , Coder , Graphic Designer , Sound Composer , and we will grow.

If u want Join and we will test our luck, i am not forcing u, i am not asking for you to be Perfect in the job.Because as we work our skills grow bigger and better.

And let's make or find a chat so we can actually make a team and give it a shot, because lot of u guys PM me and i can't keep up :D

BY THE WAY Dash and ModShop, "I" can't make a 3d game but "WE" CAN.
I will make a Suggestion for a Game Engine :)
Blender :)
How about we all talk a week later :)
cos i really am not good right now :/

i need to go to the ambulance and i have a Fuc*ing exam to pass so not the best week :/

Okay so we tried a 2d game and it was a piece of Crap

The 2D game was Good, i never said it wasn't. Progress was going good.

I sense a contradiction here...

3D game development is not as easy as you think. You have to have a good grasp on math(linear algebra, trigonometry, etc..), physics is important too.

I still think you should reconsider and start with a 2D game.
I agree with Dash here. You yourself said that the 2d game was a piece of crap, not me. I never said YOU CANT HANDLE IT either, I suggested that you keep doing the 2d stuff and improving on your weaknesses there, rather than starting something completely new and alien.
Look i know what you want to say and i agree that it isn't easy.
and i also am in a bad condition right now i mentioned it up.

look let me explain the 2d. The game made progress , we made the map tiles first , i made the player , a little house , and a little more.
but it looked kinda lame(i would not play that).

Any 2d game is a piece of crap there that should explain better :D
and i will not talk about it further

and i will not make a 2d game and i will :)

and i will point out that i have worked with Unity 3D , made a little map and a player :)

I was kinda nervous yesterday (again maybe because of the bad condition)

I will not make a team yet so don't pm me :)
look let me explain the 2d. The game made progress , we made the map tiles first , i made the player , a little house , and a little more.
but it looked kinda lame(i would not play that).

Have you added animation, collision detection, etc.. ?
If you couldn't do such things in 2D you will surely have a very hard time implementing those in 3D.

Any 2d game is a piece of crap there that should explain better :D

Not necessarily, people still play 2D games sometimes, but 3D games sure have dominated the market.
I'm not telling you to make a 2D game to play it or sell it, but i'm saying you should start with a 2D game to gain experience for larger projects.

I'm afraid I didn't understand this sentence.
Dash

Have you added animation, collision detection, etc.. ?
If you couldn't do such things in 2D you will surely have a very hard time implementing those in 3D.

Yes

Not necessarily, people still play 2D games sometimes, but 3D games sure have dominated the market.
I'm not telling you to make a 2D game to play it or sell it, but i'm saying you should start with a 2D game to gain experience for larger projects.

When i first started learning C++ (school,home ect...) i made a little Console Game.

That was my first game (not finished yet) and me and script once again stared to finishing it.

And then i had an interesting idea :) Making that same Console Game into a 2d game.But after 1 week i didn't liked the game and that is how we got stuck at 3d.

Now i told everyone to wait. I downloaded UDK , and i know Cinema 4D.
And i can make stuff in cinema 4d (breakable in many ways) and import them into UDK. (Houses, Trees, Cars, Guns ect...);

i was deleting some text there and i must have deleted something else with it :D

What i am Capable of:
-Programming
-Graphic Design
-Audio
-Much More

Worked with: Dev C++ , CodeBlocks , Batch Scripting. | School , Home, Practise | Few Years , Batch (maybe 3-4 years) then after i learned Batch i went to C++ (3 years) 1 year i used this site then i also started in school.
so 1 year from this site (i hate video tuts) , 1 year in school, and then i finished some of what i didn't know so again + 1 year on this site :D

Graphic Design: Cinema 4D (1-2 years), CorelDraw 12 and X6, After Effects, Kitchen Design ect.... :)

Audio: I play a little guitar(2 years maybe) , Own Both Acoustic and Electric ,
Edited in Virtual Dj , and Guitar Rig.

I have made a Android Custom Rom For a Phone. (The Graphic Parts and something more).

I am Very Good with Sony Android Phones.

I Come Up With Ideas Pretty Fast , I Combine My Skills All Together To Make Something Better.

Played Alot of games:
Every CallOfDuty, Every BattleField, Every Assassin's Creed, Every Prototype................WoW, DOTA, ...................

Last edited on
i'm 15 and i am not that good

I know:
-Batch Scripting
-C++ Console(pretty good for a beginner)

i also am not that bad with Cinema 4D.
i got no idea about photoshop =X

i have been programming C++ Consoles for a Year and a Half(plus in school also) :D

What i am Capable of:
-Programming
-Graphic Design
-Audio
-Much More

Worked with: Dev C++ , CodeBlocks , Batch Scripting. | School , Home, Practise | Few Years , Batch (maybe 3-4 years) then after i learned Batch i went to C++ (3 years) 1 year i used this site then i also started in school.
so 1 year from this site (i hate video tuts) , 1 year in school, and then i finished some of what i didn't know so again + 1 year on this site :D

Graphic Design: Cinema 4D (1-2 years), CorelDraw 12 and X6, After Effects, Kitchen Design ect.... :)

Audio: I play a little guitar(2 years maybe) , Own Both Acoustic and Electric ,
Edited in Virtual Dj , and Guitar Rig.

I have made a Android Custom Rom For a Phone. (The Graphic Parts and something more).

I am Very Good with Sony Android Phones.

That's a really big change in a span of two weeks.
You learned batch for 4 years then went to C++ for 3 years and done much other stuff after that, and you're only 15 ? So, did you start coding and designing at the age of 3 ?

PS: Use Quotation tags when quoting other people instead of source code tag.
Last edited on
Pages: 12