C++ Tutor

Just as the title suggests, I am offering to teach anyone C++ as well as how to implement what you learn to create a 2D game using SFML 2.0. Later more advanced classes will then consist of learning DirectX9 after enough time has been put in with C++/SFML 2.0. After you have read the rest of this post and decide you are interested in taking my classes, you can email me at:

sarim.janjua2013@gmail.com

Hourly Rate: $15/hour

I will be conducting classes over Skype or GoogleTalk and TeamViewer will also be used to allow access for me and the student to view and interact with the programs we are working on. PayPal will be used to make payments to me. Additionally, half the payment amount should be sent to me before class begins and then the other half after it ends. If you are interested in taking my classes here is a list of all the things you should try and download before hand:

- Visual Studio 2010/2012 Express Edition
- TeamViewer

Students can expect to learn the following:

- Basic C++ syntax/theory
- Functions/Function Overloading
- Console Input/Output
- Reading from/to a file
- Classes/Structures/Enumerations
- Conditional Statements/Loops
- Pointers
- Inheritance/Polymorphism
- Containers (LIsts, vectors, arrays)
- SFML 2.0 SDK
- Game Logic
- Event Handling
- Basic Physics
- DirectX9
- Win32 Programming
- More will be added/taught

As you can see there is are numerous things that I am willing to teach and for a very low price. The lessons will consist of many small exercise programs and "Homework" program that is related to game programming, to allow the student to make a connection with what they are learning and how they can incorporate that into a game. My teaching style involves making the student build the same program over and over from scratch until they can do it perfectly "with their eyes closed". Then when I feel they are proficient with that they can move on to the next program and the cycle begins again. Additionally I might ask the students to make the program differently or program it using a different method on the fly. This encourages problem solving and helps them grow as a programmer to see solutions to problems in different ways.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.