Windows 8 is a disapointment!

Pages: 12
Yesterday I downloaded Windows 8 and installed it on my Virtual Box. Thank god I did not pay for that crappy operating system because I would of felt like I wasted my money even though I feel like I wasted my time downloading and installing Windows 8. I am just going to continue using Windows 7 and my favorite Linux OS distro.

I thought Windows 8 was suppose to be a lot simple to use rather then a whole run around with everything. You have to create an e-mail just to sign in as a user. You cannot program unless you do some configuration settings. There is not much of a difference from Windows 7 as far as signing in with an e-mail, having applications almost similar to owning an android, and doing an extra run around just to get some simple activities accomplished.

To be honest, I do not think Windows 8 did any improvements, but only added unnecessary functions.
Windows 8 is simply optimized for touchscreen computers, which are permanently connected to a network. It's not the successor of Windows 7 in anything but name; they're designed for different purposes.
I believe that all even versions of Windows are not worth using (Vista, 8) and odd ones is good (XP, 7, 9?).
They've merged their computer OS codebase with their mobile OS codebase, so unless they get some serious whiplash the next version of Windows will likely also feel like a smart phone or tablet.
I actually find my computer runs better and faster since I got windows 8, then when I had Win 7. I like the added app store and I have no issues with anything. So i unfortunately don't know why you think its a disappointment.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Because it looks dumb and takes up so much space.
Even on a tablet, I still find it ridiculous. I do not have a touch screen tablet, but my Alien Ware laptop which still is 10x better and faster then a tablet. It would be nice if they created a touch screen for Alien Ware, I believe they would really kill out a lot of products even though the prices are high, but that is worth it.
Problem with Windows 8 is that Microfoft have tried to unite desktop and tablet interfaces and as a result didn't succeed in meeting expectation of any community.
Even on a tablet, I still find it ridiculous. I do not have a touch screen tablet,

Hello?
closed account (N36fSL3A)
It kinda sucks. Badly.
When I bought my computer it came with Windows 8 pre-installed, and because it came pre-installed it also features secure boot, which means i cannot install Linux sadly, but it's not way too bad, I just downloaded some programs that run from the desktop, I don't use any of the 'apps', I basically made it act like windows 7 without a start menu, which i never use anyway, I just use windows explorer for that kind of stuff
closed account (3qX21hU5)
but my Alien Ware laptop which still is 10x better and faster then a tablet. It would be nice if they created a touch screen for Alien Ware, I believe they would really kill out a lot of products even though the prices are high, but that is worth it.

Ohh gezz alienware? The company that takes custom built computers and sells them to consumers for 3 times what they are worth. :( I can understand buying a mac now after our recent thread on here but I will never understand why people buy alienware laptops or desktops.

Windows 8 is actually quite nice it has a lot of improvements on performance and other features that I commonly use. I think most people get put off by metro (Though I don't know why because you don't have to use it... Even though it is helpful to have everything I use in front of me).

Other then that I don't see why there is so much hate for windows 8.
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
When I bought my computer it came with Windows 8 pre-installed, and because it came pre-installed it also features secure boot, which means i cannot install Linux sadly,

This is just not true. Microsoft requires that x86/amd64 compatible motherboards allow secure-boot to turn off in order to be "Windows 8 Certified". Also, many recent distributions do support secure boot -- Ubuntu from 12.10 and on, for example.
Ok, then how the hell do you do it? I had a usb boot drive and I did the "boot from USB" and it said unable to boot, was the drive not properly set up? or do i need to do something else?
No, you are a disappointment
ok it was a bad disk image....sorry, I'm actually using Ubuntu right now, on that same computer....but in my defense, when I first got this computer about 3 months ago, I looked all over the Internet to find how to do it because I could not find how to boot from a usb, then I found it and tried that, but I realized just today that I accidentally put the installer for gimp on the drive...not for ubuntu...my bad. so darkestfright you are correct thank you for saying so though.
I always thought it was in the BIOS settings. Did you check there?
So is your mom Cheraphy
So is your mom Cheraphy

Leave the mothers alone! Unless they seek romantic companionship!
Pages: 12