In the future...

Sometime very far from now, Almost everyone will have programming skills. brace for the normalcy. 2113 AD. At least in countries that still exist and have an industrialized developed economy.
Last edited on
Everyone has programming skills in Nil:
http://esolangs.org/wiki/Nil
It's already the norm. Even a cave man could do it.
Last edited on
Programming, in the year 2113? You are pessimistic.
@Catfish4 Cure for ignorance, before 2113? You are optimistic.
@ LB: I think that by 2113 we will have refined the process of programming to the point that it can no longer be considered "programming" in the traditional sense... with or without the aid of artificial intellect (although, being the optimist, I'd wager on "with").
I will be supreme leader, the Devonian empire will succeed in total domination, don't worry you will all get advisory roles and special privileges for helping me make it possible
Chirstmas night 2113: Computers have done all the shopping, decided naughty and nice, prepared dinner, presented 24 hours of "A Christmas Story", and started cutting back the bourbon in Uncle Jimbo's eggnog since he's started slurring. The kids are in bed, the house computer has reorganized the fridge to make room for leftovers, and the garbage has been enqueued for pickup in optimal order to service the entire neighborhood. And somebody, somewhere, is getting the garbage service back online by writing the most egregious COBOL hack of his career...
someone's a badass. not pessimistic, optimistic, there could be wars, eruptions, hurricanes, gamma ray solar flares, and definitely overpopulation.
and meteors, and according to scientists earth is overdue for a big one again.
Last edited on
The human race not annihilating itself by 2113? You're very optimistic.
I never suggested we wouldn't kill ourselves, just that we wouldn't have found the cure for ignorance.

A lot of problems have already been solved and shoved under the rug by rich CEOs that want to keep making money for the sake of power only. I'd say very few problems will be solved by the date mentioned in this thread.
I don't know whether or not we'll survive to 2113... because in 2101 AD, war was beginning.

But you know what you doing.
L B wrote:
Everyone has programming skills in Nil.

It's already the norm. Even a cave man could do it.

Cave man. Try to get the other half of everyone to silently ignore everything you say.

100 years to future? The future predictions in the previous century used to use shorter timespan.

I don't expect programming to become ubiquitous.
Cave man. Try to get the other half of everyone to silently ignore everything you say.

I do not understand what this is about. Care to clarify?

The human race not annihilating itself by 2113? You're very optimistic.

Major wars, leaving millions dead? Plausible.
Extinction of the human species? Ridiculous.

We'll even have a small colony on Mars by then. And I dare say it with 99% certainty.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Major wars, leaving millions dead? Plausible.
Extinction of the human species? Ridiculous.
and for everything else there's Barclaycard.

------===##===-----
Edit:
Considering we are long overdue for some major natural disasters, extinction of the human race is possible in a very short time frame.
Last edited on
Dame Vera Lynne's "we'll meet again" to a backdrop of nuclear bomb blast footage
Cave man.

Captain Caveman?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD36ZhpHPpE

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.