• Forum
  • Lounge
  • What is this? (Found in science classroo

What is this? (Found in science classroom closet)

Pages: 123
Hey all, just wondering if anyone knew what this thing was:

http://home.comcast.net/~michaelthomasgreer/temp/what-is-this.jpg

It was found in one of the science classrooms, and no one knows what it is.

:-J
It sort of looks like a goniometer (no, I didn't know this word until a few seconds ago).
... they had one of those in my highschool physics classroom. I wanted SO BAD to know what it was. Because it was out of place, up on a shelf all alone. It looked weird, it was intriguing. But our teacher didn't know, he was just a student teacher doing the last unassisted portion of his student teaching.
looks like a roach clip to me
something you keep your parma ham on in a restaurant so the customers can see you shaving off the slices, obv belonged to former italian student who just needed somewhere safe to keep their parma ham

EDIT:http://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/EP1623661A1/imgaf001.png

EDIT2:http://media.costco.co.uk/medias/sys_master/h8e/he6/8808764473374.jpg?buildNumber=1762

the second one is better.

I got a parma ham recipie that chefs dont publicize because it makes them look so good if you are interested, but only if you say you are interested, I mean I will PM you it it can't just float around on the net
Last edited on
I fed it to google images to find similar images, which left me shaking my head and wondering what heuristics they're using.
I fed it to google images to find similar images, which left me shaking my head and wondering what heuristics they're using.
...What? Well, obviously the metric of "similar" is perceptual, not semantical.
Parma ham
Why do I feel like I know this is used for measuring something on spheres? Does the part that is attached to the middle rotate? The rod\spike on the fixed piece moves in and out right? I want to say it's kind of like a caliper but I honestly don't know where I would know that from.
Last edited on
closed account (N36fSL3A)
It's one of the old man's torchering devices for his female workers who don't pay him his money by the end of the week.(You should know who the old man is btw)

I don't know how your science teacher acquired it.
It was found in one of the cabinets at the school. None of the staff can figure out what it is. We all figured it was probably some form of measuring device, but beyond now having a name (a goniometer), we still know nothing more about it.

There are a lot of companies that produce teaching supplies that change from year to year. I suspect it is some old thing from ten or more years ago that doesn't exist anymore.

I only hoped that it was more common than not and that someone could tell me exactly what function it had in high school science pedagogy.

Alas.

@devon
The parma ham looks interesting. I'll have to get me one of them.
We all figured it was probably some form of measuring device, but beyond now having a name (a goniometer), we still know nothing more about it.

Don't feel bad, it just goes to show how worthless it is.
goniometer looks very similar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goniometer

it really looks like something to scan surfaces of poles of other slim things
@duoas, parma ham is great, you can get into it like you do good wine but its easier to spot a great one from a good one, buy the kind of parma ham you want in small portions before you buy a whole one and dont just eat it in samiches, that would be a waste, you can do loads with it if you like european cooking,

anyone want to impress girlfriends with cooking PM me, i know dishes that can get you laid
how does parma ham get you laid, Master Chef Devon?
Last edited on by Fredbill30
you buy flaky pre made pastry, figs, parma ham and maple syrup, the rest i don't share flippantly but i recomend you experiment with them

(the not so perfect version of this recipie is on the net)
Last edited on
Alright I'll keep that on my mind.
@Fredbill30: Didn't you say you were 12?
Yes is there a problem with that?
Last edited on by Fredbill30
hes into heavy drinking,smoking pot and cocaine so hes proly knows his way around a a woman by now
Pages: 123