• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Kaspersky says (some) c++ programs are T

Kaspersky says (some) c++ programs are Trojans

Kaspersky found a couple of c++ .exe files and found them to be trojans (HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic) and 'disinfected' them, rebooted (upon reboot I also got a couple of error messages including something about a bad Windows image and lots of 0s).

It is now doing a scan and has found about 60 further trojans, all of which are c++ .exe files. Mostly compiled in Code::Blocks with MinGW I guess (whatever the default is) Should I be worried or are these all false positives? It's never found a c++ file of any sort to be malicious in the past, I suppose its database could have been updated recently and its throwing up some false positives, but I'm a bit concerned.

It's quarantining them all, and I'll do a scan with Malwarebytes afterwards.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

EDIT: Is it possible that a virus could have 'infected' these .exe files?
Last edited on
Any suggestions?

* Half-Life 2 Combine Overwatch female voice *
Sterilize. Backup. Format. Reinstall.
Yes that can happen, as long as you know your code does not do anything malicious, tell your AV to ignore it. Maybe add it/the folder to the exceptions list.
closed account (G309216C)
Yes! It could trust me ,also use HijackThis and tell us the output.

Also keep scanning your computer with a full scan as these spread to other files. I never had problems with Kaspersky.
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
TIL that people use things other than MSE.
Kaspersky is notorious for being overly paranoid.
Either that or you really have virus which successfully hides himeself from AV and infecting .exe files
I think the .exe files have been infected by the malware. It could also be a false positive. Read the best answer: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110205085815AA7lFs3

You could also lookup the trojan name on google.

Aceix.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.