Game Engines

Pages: 1... 456
Whats your qualm with touch technology? I'd much prefer touch screen + mechanical keyboard to mouse + mechanical keyboard.
closed account (o1vk4iN6)
Yah touch technology is great for creating digital art, at least in the sense of some sort of physical stylus which does the touching. For say clicking buttons, I would refer a mouse, I can touch smaller buttons faster and more precisely with a mouse than with my finger. So the GUI can hold more valuable information, though it seems GUIs like unity are trying to sabotage that... giant meaningless icons and such.
Without touch technology you wouldn't have laptops since the mouse is a touch pad. Then you would lose Kindle Fire, iPods, iPads, etc. Also think of all the sci-fi movies that exist today that would have never been if people didn't think of touch technology as cool :P.
I hate mousepads... Touch screens are cool though, but I wouldn't want one for a computer. Having grease and crap all over the screen would drive me nuts. And you're somewhat stuck using that screen unless you get a separate mouse and keyboard to interface with, which then completely defeats the purpose of the touch technology anyways. Those all-in-one computers (essentially tablets with a computer OS) are the dumbest things ever. God forbid you ever want to upgrade any one part, or use other displays.
Cheraphy wrote:
Whats your qualm with touch technology? I'd much prefer touch screen + mechanical keyboard to mouse + mechanical keyboard.
I prefer keyboard and mouse.
xerzi wrote:
Yah touch technology is great for creating digital art, at least in the sense of some sort of physical stylus which does the touching.
Digital stylus pads are different than touch technology.
BHXSpecter wrote:
Without touch technology you wouldn't have laptops since the mouse is a touch pad.
I don't use laptop touchpads. Remember when laptop keyboards had that little dot in the center that controlled the mouse? Those were the good days.
ModShop wrote:
I hate mousepads...
Then what do you put your mouse on?
closed account (o1vk4iN6)
Digital stylus pads are different than touch technology.

They still operate under the same principle, the only thing that is different is the type of material that the screen can detect (might be thinking of some sort of magnetic field detection here where the human finger wouldn't be able to interfere with it). It is possible to be able to use both your finger and stylus on some touch screens (ie nintendo 3ds) though not sure if it provides lesser quality than simply using one specifically designed for a stylus.
@L B: Touch pad, mouse pad, its all the same to me. I meant the little touch sensitive are under the keyboard on most laptops that functions as a mouse, not the literal pad that goes under the mouse.
I'm starting to love how off topic this is getting haha, but I honestly love touchpads, maybe it's because I have been using laptops for the past 3 years, but at work I use a desktop with a mouse, and I honestly try to find shortcuts in the program I use for my sales that bypass use of the mouse, I find that I'm starting to hate a physical mouse and love the touchpad, I like how they scroll(with Windows' two-finger scrolling and Ubuntu's on-the-side scrolling), I don't really like a scroll wheel, and I always found they broke easily. But the touchscreen technology i a gree with ModShop, I would HATE my screen getting all greasy and shit from dirty fingers, I handle cash all day, that's like the dirtiest thing on the planet, especially American money haha
closed account (3qX21hU5)
but at work I use a desktop with a mouse, and I honestly try to find shortcuts in the program I use for my sales that bypass use of the mouse, I find that I'm starting to hate a physical mouse and love the touchpad

You might wanna check out getting something like this for your work desktop then.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104771&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Mice-_-N82E16826104771&gclid=CKupr-GYwrcCFUZxQgod_DgA7A
WOW! That is amazing, I had no idea these were made, but to be completely honest, I'm not about to spend $70 dollars on a job I don't plan on spending very much longer at. I want to get into programming as a career, not being a clerk. It really is a LOT like the movie...
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Is this problem solved or not?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 1... 456