Do you use C++11

Pages: 1... 678
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I looked at them and they were all... not useful to me. I just do it the way I always do.
Can you be specific about what you didn't find useful?

There are many things in C++11 I find very usefull, such as initializer lists for standard containers, lambda expressions, std::thread, the new string conversion functions http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/string/ , auto keyword, range based for loops ... I could go on and on.
naraku9333 wrote:
What are you waiting for?

I think I suck at programming, and feel like I don't know that much so that would just be adding to the confusion I'm suffering from :P.
I think you're just shy.

I remember a post you made a while back that you have a lot of unfinished projects because you had problems with them and didn't want to ask help because you were afraid people would think you're stupid.

Honestly you should just make a fake account and ask questions.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Fredbill30 wrote:
I think you're just shy

Haha BHX being shy??? You must be joking. He is actually a person on here that will freely speak his mind even if it annoys or upsets other people.

I remember a post you made a while back that you have a lot of unfinished projects because you had problems with them and didn't want to ask help because you were afraid people would think you're stupid.

I think the word you are looking for is insecure in his programming abilities. I am sure BHX is much better then he believes he is. He just needs to realize his potential and maybe get a partner to help push him and work on projects together.

Maybe try joining fellow members here on some minor projects or something?
I feel the same way, I think you should get into some type of partnership.

Then hopefully you would be able to show your skills.
Yes so that I don't miss out on features that would make coding simpler for me to do.
I don't even know what auto does.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
I don't even know what auto does.

Basically it finds the correct type for the context it is used in. The only time I usually use auto is when there is a long type name like

vector<MyLongObjectName>::iterator it = myVector.begin() it is much easier to type auto it = myVector.begin() instead.

There are some other reasons why I use it but generally I try not to over use it because it can hurt readability.

So how can you say that C++11 doesn't make anything simpler for you if you don't even know what the C++11 features do?
Last edited on
@ Zereo

Good point. I guess I just didn't have time to look up the features back then when I was still using cout/cin for i/o on console programs
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 1... 678