My Generation

Pages: 1234... 6
people been complaining about the moral decline of youth for over two thousand years, I see a pattern, moral decline is actually more natural behavior, i feel Nietzsche got it backwards about the uberman.
Last edited on
I don't agree with your opinion of today's music Fredbill. There's just as much good music being made today than there was 20 or 50 years ago. It's just harder to find nowadays with all the radio stations blasting Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne. It's there, you just need to know where to look.
play this in your bedroom loud with the bass right up your parents will think your going through some kind of stage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BfkuyeizNU
Woah, woah, woah; OP's not trying to cause a big sensation, he's just talking about "My Generation". Don't try to put him down just because he gets around.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Uhm okay devon.

shutup be4 i hack ur fb
@Disch:
DeXecipher explained it pretty well, however, your right, most people that would say "this song as good beat", have no clue about music theory or how tempos work and are just saying that because they don't know better...
Listen to music with lyrics in another language. You won't understand what they are saying so it won't matter if it has a meaning.
@fredbill30

"shutup be4 i hack ur fb"

really? you should be kicked off the forum just for that. i meen, im young too. 14. but really? grow up.
@JayzisLazy: I think he meant that as sarcasm. It doesn't stroke with his other posts. He does seem to have some sort of superiority complex over his peers.
Yeah. I mean, no one would be dumb enough to say that seriously...right...?
I hope so... cause i didnt really read the whole conversation, i just saw that part. oops :P
were you saying that to me?
Jay maybe you should have looked at the image I've linked first.
yea i know im sorry i didnt read the full convorsation i just seen the last comment and i didnt think you were that kind of person..... anyways yea sorry about that :/
@Disch
Actually yes most people do not know about music theory or beats of 4 or 3.

However, I also do not think that they are just trying to put forward a cliche. According to me what they mean is the 'pattern' of the discrete set of beats. for instance a simple pattern can be: (where 0 is a low sound drum and 1 is a loud sound and _ is a pause).
0 0 1 0, 0 0 1 0, 0 0 1 0, 0 0 1 _
0 0 1 0, 0 0 1 0, 0 0 1 0, 0 0 1 _

Maybe by good beat they just mean that listening to that song makes their feet thump automatically.
I guess they just are uneducated in the field of music I guess. I guess what they mean is how much they like a series of sounds that repeat throughout the song.
yea, i agree with you for most of the kids now.
The time signature doesn't measure beat, it measures rhythm. What people are referring to when they say "beat" is the pulse, which is a series of repeated beats. The rhythm is what is represented by the time signature: the top number is the number of beats per measure (bar) and the bottom number is how many beats a single note is; for example, in 3 4 time, there are 3 beats per measure and one beat is 1/4 note.
Fredbill30, did you really just basically tell Jayzislazy to read the posts before posting? At least in his defense, this thread is two pages long so he had a little reason not to read through them all. After all you did the same thing, but you were the third reply and even admitted you didn't even bother reading he question the OP asked.[1]

Now as for generations, all generations are the same. Just seem different because the times and interests are different between each generation.

1. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/104919/
I read them all. I did read what the op asked. I stated I overlooked.
Pages: 1234... 6