Best Programmer(s) in Sections

Pages: 1... 345678
I guess since facebook peoples attitude to forums like these will change, I never used a forum before so assumed the lounge bit was a social place.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
I don't know maybe I am just being a pain in the ass, but it annoys the hell out of me when every thread has 1-3 pages of useless posts. Don't get me wrong I love to joke around and everything but doing it 24/7 gets old just like if you did that in real life it would get really old also. But that is probably just me so feel free to ignore me lol.
@Zereo:
I completely agree.
Oria wrote:

I completely agree.

what? that hes a pain in the ass or Im annoying? XD
Last edited on
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Ok devon I nominate you then.

That was one time when I thought this guy was spoon licker.

Don't act like any of you haven't thought the same.
Fredbill30 wrote:
Don't act like any of you haven't thought the same.

Huge difference between thinking the same and acting on a thought and accusing them of being "He who shall not be named."
No because the almost exact same question was asked on the jobs forum.
closed account (3qX21hU5)

That was one time when I thought this guy was spoon licker
Then there was this thread (though your first post was reported and deleted)
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/jobs/103150/
And others like it.

So it really isnt just in the lounge. But I won't get into that. Just wanted to ask if we could maybe calm it down a bit.
Last edited on
Fredbill30 wrote:
No because the almost exact same question was asked on the jobs forum.

A lot of people post questions on a couple of threads and most of the time it is because they either aren't sure where to put the question or they think putting it in Jobs will get one of us to do their project or work for them. At no point does that imply trolling or being spoonlicker. You and devon posting off the wall no point posts in threads is more spoonlicker-ish than asking the same question on two forums. I don't know when you joined, but I was here when he did his last 3 month long attack on here and he posted the same question in all forums, not just two.

Side note, I'm sticking around, but I as well will be toning down my posts unless I have a question.
It'll probably get buried underneath everything but IMO andywestken deserves an honorable mention.
I agree. He's one of the most active users in Windows section.

If this thread had been created in 2009, I would say "Bazzy, Duoas, Disch, firedraco, Grey Wolf, helios, jsmith, kbw..." These guys answered almost all my stupid questions back then. Now there are a lot more active users with 1k+ posts...
Null wrote:
If this thread had been created in 2009, I would say "Bazzy, Duoas, Disch, firedraco, Grey Wolf, helios, jsmith, kbw..." These guys answered almost all my stupid questions back then. Now there are a lot more active users with 1k+ posts...

How many of those are still active though? Also, as pointed out, post count has nothing to do with it. I have 1k+ posts and I'm pretty sure less than 10 of those posts were actually helpful, the rest is basically spam with me spouting out my personal opinion about things.
I remember being silly with LB sending him a PM about a thread I just created, hoping it could get more famous.
Now, I hope that topic is buried and locked somewhere else.
He was the only one to reply and the topic is now archivied :D
I was there an attack, but that was when I started to get real sarcastic and stuff. I don't know if you're talking about that.

I only try to help liven up your days with sarcasm but you guys take it offensive and report me D;
Nah, that topic wasn't about sarcasm, if that's what you're asking.
What?
Fredbill30 wrote:
I was there an attack

^ What?
shall we have a coding competition to see who the best coder is? something like a project euler problem, we all submit code, someone can say they are the best coder and within reason as a result.
Or we could give each other challenges, and see who can produce the best code. Voted for by the community (no self votes)
Well, why not. We just need the ideator.
first we need to think of a coding problem sophisticated enough for us to have to write code that really has to be special to bend around a problem and not have people coming up with similar solutions, its gotta be simple too though so we can compare code, and original too so that some people haven't already done it before.

I think maybe simulating something creative like a mini imagination is a good idea
Pages: 1... 345678