Freelancer

Hi guys, can anyone kindly explain How to become a freelancer programmer? What qualification is needed? How much i can earn per month? What is the best freelancer company?
Last edited on
I advice you to transfer your post either in section Lounge or Jobs.
First off: Do ask vlad recommended. Edit your topic into the lounge.
Secondly: By the sound of things you do not even know what the work "freelancer" means. Basically you work as an individual, normally you get jobs off sites like vworker.com.
How to become a freelancer programmer?

You should have a very good knowledge and understanding of the language you are working in .

What qualification is needed?

Technically no qualification is needed, but sometimes companies will look at portfolios, other times you do the work and then if the customer likes it you get paid. Generally you need to be 18 years or older.

How much i can earn per month?

Depends on how many jobs you can do.

What is the best freelancer company?

There is no freelancer company, that would defeat the point of freelancing.
There is no freelancer company, that would defeat the point of freelancing.

That's not entirely true.

There are several companies that operate as "headhunters" in that they take programmers, take businesses, and match them up. They take a cut of the pay.

Get in touch with a headhunter, tell then what you're qualified in, give them a resume, and they'll get in touch with you about jobs.

The downsides are you generally don't get paid as much (though $60-$75/hr is still pretty common, at least in my area -- depending of course on qualifications), and the work is temporary. You get hired on for a few months then let go when the contract expires.

Also, its easier for companies to drop contractors. At my last job, they hired swarms of contractors, and ended up letting 2 or 3 go after just a couple weeks.

So it's real unstable work.
Sound interesting.... Thanx guys.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.