Another Beginner Group

Pages: 123... 5
Hi, I read the thread of Olysold and Daleth's and am wondering if anyone else would like to start a similar group. About four people total seems optimal. I'm looking for people about my skill level, which isn't too advanced. For instance, I've understood pointers for a while, but I am just beginning to actually use them in my programs.

I guess first come, first serve (assuming anyone comes, that is).

Thanks,
Numeri
What would be done in this begginers group?
I I was thinking we could start a project and work on it. I don't mind what, because I just think it would be a good way to learn. Also, I've competed in some hacking competitions before, but had no team. In the future, maybe we could compete in something.

Thanks,
Numeri
I can be the head of your project.:)
So you want to do it vlad?
@vlad I mean this with every good intention: Arn't you a little too advanced to be joining a Beginner Group?

@Numeri What hacking competitions? Would you mind giving links please.

Also, depending on what we are doing, may I join?
I am not a beginner, but would like to form a group.
No, I do not want to do something.
The boss does nothing. He only watches, demands and gets a big salary.:)
@vlad LOL

@Script Coder
I guess I've only competed in one so far (https://picoctf.com/ which is only for 6th - 12th grades...) I have been looking at a lot of other competitions, but most of them I would need a team to compete on. Also, you're welcome to join! I don't know if it would be worth your time, but sure!

Thanks,
Numeri
Last edited on
i'd like to join.
@abhishekm Sure!

Numeri
Im interested in it, im not sure if im quite up to your level though in terms of actually implementing code into a program. ive working through this book and im currently learning about inheritance and polymorphism.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I want to join but only if you guys do game programming.

Since I asked to join groups and they said yes and stuff but haven't replied for weeks, I'm not joining them anymore and I'm available for another group.
@FredBill

it would be fun to do that, im personally not at the skill level to be doing it though, at least with graphics that is. ive been wanting to make a simple console game though.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
The transition from console to graphical programming isn't all that great.

Just pick up a library like SDL or SFML (I swear Disch is gonna bash SDL) and look up some tutorials.
Thats actually what i plan on doing after i finish the book im going through
( jumping into c++)

but i cant speak for the OP on what he wants the group to be so we would have to wait for him anyways
@Fredbill, Game programming would be awesome! I've been learning SDL the last few weeks.

@Paoletti301 I'm sure you'll be fine. I actually haven't used polymorphism in any programs yet (and am fuzzy on the concept), so that's no problem.

So we have Abhishekm, Fredbill, Paoletti? (and me!)

Last edited on
indeed good sir
I do not mind working on the back-end of the game (i.e. game logic, no graphics). I have not learnt a full Graphics lib and do not intend on learning one anytime soon.

So we have Abhishekm, Fredbill, Paoletti? (and me!)

And me?
Last edited on
gr8! i'll enjoy game programming as well.

Moreover, I think we should shift our discussion to another forum so that we do not disturb other members here.

any suggestions?
Moreover, I think we should shift our discussion to another forum so that we do not disturb other members here.

Who has reason to be disturbed?
This is the lounge section where "any topic not relating to C++" is to be discussed. This topic is not to do with C++ (directly anyway) and it is in the lounge, so while it would not be a good place to communicate once we start working, it is perfect for now.
Pages: 123... 5