Tips to stay focused

Pages: 12
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Ohh wow...

Please Captain don't listen to these people. Ritalin and others like it are things for your parents and doctor to decide if you need it. If you think you have concentration problems talk to your parents about it and they can set you up with a appointment with a therapist and he/she will decide if you need it.

Ritalin and other ADHD drugs are nothing to joke about. Specially when you are recommending 12 year old kids to take it!
Last edited on
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
@zereo yea I'm not having any big problems about concentration ...like its the Internet that distracts me and Skype.thanks...
woah, should have thought you wud be twelve, they won't treat you for adhd untill your more of an adult in europe anyway.

Is it uncontrolled in all american states I wonder? its strong stuff for 5 year olds, guess they are selling medicine tho.
Yea...they wouldnt give it here..to protective i dont knwo about america
Is it uncontrolled in all american states I wonder?

One wonders if you believe everything you hear. Ritalin is a controlled substance in all states.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I'm still wondering why you would recommend meth to us children...
Because doctors told them to give their kids it. And why would you doubt your doctor? You trust them with your life, after all.
closed account (1v5E3TCk)
Ritalin has to many side effects.
Stop taking methylphenidate and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:

fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeats;
feeling like you might pass out;
fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
aggression, restlessness, hallucinations, unusual behavior, or motor tics (muscle twitches);
easy bruising, purple spots on your skin; or
dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, confusion, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).
Less serious side effects may include:

stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite;
vision problems, dizziness, mild headache;
sweating, mild skin rash;
numbness, tingling, or cold feeling in your hands or feet;
nervous feeling, sleep problems (insomnia); or
weight loss.

Additionally it cause concentration problems as an effect of long-term use.
@Ispil so if a doctor tells u to jump of a really really high mountain would u do it? (i know this is old)
closed account (3qX21hU5)
The thing with Ritalin and other ADHD drugs is that it can be helpful the person is diagnosed with ADHD. It helps the person focus better and calms them down a bit so they don't get as distracted.

Though it acts totally differently for people who don't have ADHD. If you don't have ADHD and take Ritalin or other drugs like it is like being high on a lesser variant of meth or speed. It is also very highly addictive.

The key thing is that you need to see a therapist (You can't just walk into a hospital or docters office and ask for it at least not my state) that can diagnose if you have ADHD and then talk to them to see what your options are and if Ritilan might work for you.
Captain, I was being sarcastic and referencing why most people follow their doctor's orders without question. I personally don't trust doctors that much, knowing that they get paid by drug companies to offer that company's product to patients.
@Ispil So you're paranoid in other words?
@Zereo

Yea I don't think ill need Ritalin...cuz it's just that I get distracted with this site,facebook and tv....and youtube.....and when I'm reading other stuff go in my head.

@ispil

Ok..yea that is a good point but I disagree with
They get paid by drug companies to offer that company's product to patient

My dad is a doctor and he does not sell medicine at all.......he diagnoses the person than writes a medicine or some other thing...he is a respiratory doctor which is lungs and heart...breathing...
And in Ireland the medicines are free to patients (well the first bottle is).,,

In Ireland (I don't know about other places) but u need a permission slip in order to buy a medicine from a doctor...like when I go to a pharmacy with my dad he shows this doctor card in order to buy the medicine...and there are some medicines banned in Ireland becuz of side affects....and my dad gets paid by the goverment
Last edited on
closed account (1v5E3TCk)
@Captain
I think in every country it is like that. But some doctors getting paid by drug companies. It is not legal. It's like chicane.
@ senhor yea but in some countrys the doctors are private and they have some other type of system
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12