• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Has google glass flopped? are ipads in d

Has google glass flopped? are ipads in decline?

I get the impression that google glass is no hit at all and that augmented reality may never actually catch on.

I think it wont catch on unless they make the glass nigh on invisible or the apps better than a little box in the corner of your eye.

As for ipads, they seem to be touchscreen laptops, why would you buy both a laptop and an ipad if you consider these things to be expensive.

I kind of did want google glass to catch on, I would never wear one unless they looked less stupid and people in the uk sopped acting as though they would randomly attack anyone wearing one (dont wear google glass in glasgow either)
and people in the uk sopped acting as though they would randomly attack anyone wearing one

The UK has so much CCTV surveillance it's not even depressing anymore, it's just funny. So what would a pair of spyglasses change?

I'm not sure of the benefits either. So they provide you with helpful information overlayed. In return you provide them with live video, location and possibly sound.

Even if you don't care about your own privacy, other people care about theirs so I kind of understand where the Glasgow folk are coming from, I just think it's funny given everything else.
Having watched Accel World I can't be excited by our current AR technology.
Catfish4 wrote:
UK has so much CCTV surveillance it's not even depressing anymore, it's just funny. So what would a pair of spyglasses change?

Google glass:
* record video
* expensive hardware

CCTV:
* record video
* expensive hardware
* attached to something
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Catfish4 wrote:
The UK has so much CCTV surveillance it's not even depressing anymore, it's just funny. So what would a pair of spyglasses change?
Public CCTV operations in the UK are quite well regulated, it would be interesting to see if Google glass would have to be operated within the same regulations or not.
I once talked to the Police about me setting up some external security cameras at my home and I was told that I would need permission from my neighbors if the view included any of their property and I would not be able to record any public area.
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
I own a laptop (Toshiba) and an ipad 4th gen ...

good things about ipad
: turn on fast...browsing is fast.....has all the essentials like facebook,twitter,etc apps

bad thing:
does not support flash and u cannot code

So thats why ppl own ipads and laptops..on laptops they code and play ,,and it has flash and on ipads....they just check websites like this one...and other stuff.and play a few games liek temple run..
Wonder what technology would do to the future? im up for having my self consiousness uploaded to the mother server before I die.
devonrevenge wrote:

Wonder what technology would do to the future?

I'd want to live in a place like Eureka (from that one show), but without all the chaos.
Zettahertz processors, super-compressed drinking water, and crystal HDDs for the win.
that sounds lovely but I think it will be more depressing than that,

like automatically being fined by little drones that follow you for misdemeanors like a j walking technicality and other little diddy laws they (the wizards) will find an excuse to invent.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.