Is it just me?

Pages: 1... 8910111213
Yeah, my father was murdered when I was 9 yrs old. Video games and fantasy became my ways of dealing with the pain. My father taught me to play when I was 5 years old with the Atari 2600, after his death I retreated into games more.

As to beating him without throwing a punch, he picked the fight in school. I got him in a head lock which he tried to get out of by pushing me to a wall (that just happened to have the chalkboard and chalk tray on it) and he kept struggling to get out of the headlock and managed to hit his head on the tray and knocked himself out. Still got suspended for three days for fighting even though I never through a punch.
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
One time I beat someone in 4 seconds in a wrestling match. Is that winning a fight without a punch?

Doesn't include the few seconds required to pin*
Last edited on by Fredbill30
Not really, that is staged. Just like I wouldn't call WWE or TNA fighting either due to it being 90% fake.
I think Fredbill was talking about athletic wrestling and not professional wrestling.

Athletic wrestling is certainly real and is not staged.
^Yup. I personally hate WWE and TNA.
On a humorous note... when I was growing up it was called "WWF" and not "WWE".

Apparently they had to change it because they got in trouble with the World Wildlife Fund.
It's fake and it's not even fun. It feels like I'm watching something made for little boys.
That's because you are...
Nope.
Disch wrote:
On a humorous note... when I was growing up it was called "WWF" and not "WWE".

Apparently they had to change it because they got in trouble with the World Wildlife Fund.

Yeah, me too. Hulkamania, Randy Savage, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Bret Hart, Brutus Beefcake, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Sgt. Slaughter, etc. Remember the cartoon they made around the wrestlers?
Fredbill30 wrote:
It's fake and it's not even fun. It feels like I'm watching something made for little boys.

You want to make video games and don't like sports entertainment? Seems odd as sports entertainment like the WWE is full of BS stories which one could turn into a video game story in a matter of minutes.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Gezz I feel old I remember when Owen Hart died from falling from the rafters on WWF. Wrestling used to be a huge thing back in the day and all the "cool kids" watched it and talked about it at school.

You want to make video games and don't like sports entertainment? Seems odd as sports entertainment like the WWE is full of BS stories which one could turn into a video game story in a matter of minutes.

I used to buy all the WWF video games ;p
Last edited on
No I don't like WWE. It's horrible.
Fredbill30 wrote:
No I don't like WWE. It's horrible.

Wow. I can think of WWE storylines that have parallels in games. Kane and Undertaker, Bret Hart and Owen Hart; game: Metal Gear Solid; story: Brothers fighting each other non-stop.

@Zereo Yeah I remember that, my ex-brother-in-law was at the arena in the first few rows when it happened.
Yea in 1st grade WWE was cool. Not anymore. Now it's a thing for rednecks.
Redneck? Well I have been called worse. I still watch it from time to time, but everything they are doing now they did in a water down version during the early 90s. The last original concept from wrestling was nWo/WCW in the hostile takeover of WCW by members of the nWo while DX/WWE were mainly DX just doing crazy stunts for ratings.

Now every few years they bring back each organization.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
We should start keeping a list of how many ignorant things fred can say lol.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
we cant forget when he started attacking linux
Macho Man Randy Savage was the only pro wrestler I ever liked. He was hilariously awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXTagE7BtRU
I can't say that I ever got into professional wrestling. Surprisingly, however, ol' Grandad used to watch them with some regularity. Then he died. I don't think there was any correlation.

Drunk midget wrestling though.. I've paid to see that.
Well, I think the story lines were late 80s early 90s. Now wrestlers admit it is fake, well mostly fake, as you can't fake falling and some mishaps do happen that result in injuries. Though, in the early 80s wrestlers got mad if you said it was fake.

This reporter for 20/20 knows first hand => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4O1sbKEIl8
Pages: 1... 8910111213