game idea anyone?

Pages: 123... 7
I think a great game should start with a great idea.

I've got some ideas but don't know if they are great.
Share some of yours and we can vote on the best one.
Winner gets nothing, but bragging rights.
I call it piggy pile up.
you run around trying to catch greased up pigs, and then when you finally catch them all, the giant greasy pigginator shows up and you have to climb him shadow of colossus style.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
wat^

Anyway I think a good game idea would be a band of mercenary thieves who have to steal some sort of ancient artifact, then once it's captured, they slowly figure out what it's for and have to choose between money or what's right.
wat^

Anyway I think a good game idea would be a band of mercenary thieves who have to steal some sort of ancient artifact, then once it's captured, they slowly figure out what it's for and have to choose between money or what's right.
wat^

@fred
wat^

shadow of colossus is a game where you pretty do a series of awesome boss battles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e3ZGu4bRgUI#t=1013s
( i recommend muting it so you dont have to listen to the guy )

it would be like that except its a giant pig
Last edited on
What the hell? Did I triple post or is that just my browser acting up?
probably something with your browser, unless you posted the same thing three times in under a minute
Look: http://prntscr.com/1g157g

Do you see that too?
yes
Here I go...

My two favorite ideas are first a game I call “Brave Little Morphius.” It is a cross between a Legend of Zelda and Mega Man. Like Zelda you explore a country side in search of dungeons to enter. You solve the dungeon puzzles and defeat a level boss to get a power up. It’s like Mega Man because you can tackle the dungeons in any order and once you get a power up, it proves particularly useful in another dungeon and against its boss.

The next idea I have is called “Road to Midland.” It is an anime fantasy RPG. The story… A road is being built to connect the far western Commerce City across a huge and wild continent to eastern Midland Port Town. You control a group of adventures who have been tasked with the responsibility of protecting the work camps as they make their way across the perilous countryside. I like this idea because it is somewhat low key. You are not trying to save the world or put the universe back into balance nor defeat the dark god of something, but it is still the most epic adventure I could think of. It would also focus on the personal relationships between the characters and the events that tie them together, somewhat like final fantasy. A general coming of age story in which the characters learn that what really counts is on the inside, and there would be tons of cool monsters.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
manga... if you can pull the top one off i am so buying an exe and source license from you
I had an idea for an RPG/managment game,

in a post apocalyptic world, but no one knows how they got there, and filled with scrap and junk (like a battle ship in a field, lots of power pylons stacked up, other junk from the past present and future) you gotta do two or three things one is roam about with a bus that you upgrade collecting different people with different stats from different tribes and trading like them trading games.

you got to create like a grappling hook gun and set it up and bait it to catch a ufo, ufo's are every where you see and they mess with shit.

you got to grapple it reel it in without completley destroying it or it escaping (kinda like fishing) harvest the bits, and gun down or trap the aliens that come out of it,

you got to then make a device to send people back to when they came from by collecting bits, or trading valuable space junk for other bits and upgrades, build defences and upgrades for towns so they can be bigger.

you also got to manage your team.

im thinking operation flashpoint meets ufo enemy unknown with a spot of championship manager sims and sim city.
@devonrevenge

what would you call your game? I think giving a name to an idea makes it seem more real somehow.

@DTSCode

Thanks that's encouraging.
heh it will be set in devon in a place called dartmoor, but it will be the post apocalyptic version, maybe 'escape from dartmoor' people will prefer 'escape from darkmoor' or just 'darkmoor'

yeh cos the signs that say dartmoor national park have eroded and theres a K popped in there, maybe a bloody one but then the whole game needs a spot of the horror/thriller thing, maybe when you leave the boundaries the dark evil spririt like aliens come and you the screen goes wobbly and you wake up in a sunny feild hospital, infact thats how the game can start, no need for an explanation, like myst and riven.

oh yeh and the tribes will be a medieval crowd.
1940s or 50s american soldiers.

modern chinese soldiers.

two sides of british demonstrators; chavy rascist brits, protester types and bobbies.

the people who actually live there, a mentally ill and damaged scared rag wearing crowd who are to schizophrenic to communicate very well.

and some other group that clash with the rest i cant think just yet.

its all from my imaginaaaaaation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4sUPvDZfog
Last edited on
Without giving away my entire idea, my game will focus on stealth, problem solving, and big boss battles. There will probably not be much, if any, biological life in the game, mainly because it's so difficult and time consuming to model. Robots and machines in comparison are easy.
so... the matrix?
No, secret bases on planets and moons, ran by AI robots with plans on devouring everything.
Matrix:Expansion?
hey I want concept art for my idea, anyone do that? manga sounds like he can do it, fredbill did a cool little pixel man.
Pages: 123... 7