game idea anyone?

Pages: 12345... 7
lets see dark link stand on that ( that was actually my favorite battle in the game oddly enough)
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
we might actually be able to kill the chickens...
the eye of truth would be night vision goggles. . . .
closed account (N36fSL3A)
DTS I kill chickens all the time in MW3...
@fred

go try and do it in ocarina of time
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Nah, I didn't like that game.
just out of pure curiosity fred, what games do you like
Just putting it out there, I've never liked any of the zelda games.
thats fine, your around my age. im just curious as to what fred likes because hes 12 and seems to dislike "mainstream" games
Everyone should play Dark Souls.

Praise the sun!
xerzi wrote:
Funny how NES is considered old by you, when there is something even older still.

Funny how you misread that. At no point did I say the NES or Atari were old. I said old gamers as in those who grew up with games that were just text on screen or stationary graphic/ascii images on the screen.

xerzi wrote:
If you mean discussing alchemy to someone else in regards to the confines of the game, I hardly see how this is relatable.

Okay let me put them side by side since you seemed to miss the points and facts behind the two comments:
Fredbill30 wrote:
Don't forget that people think they're experts on war after they play.
BHXSpecter wrote:
I've ran into people that acted like alchemy experts after playing Skyrim

Maybe it is the wording, so let me reword it for you:
"Don't forget that people think they're experts on alchemy after they play."
xerzi wrote:
Story ? Who cares if it's factual or not, it's bad, boring and full of button mashing so players don't feel frustrated playing the game

It is a f*cking FPS, they are supposed to be button mashers. What, do you want to just hold the control stick to move forward and let the game just shoot for you? FPSs aren't supposed to have good stories to them. Doom, Duke Nukem are great examples of that, terrible stories and button mashers.
xerzi wrote:
If you've never played a game with good story I'd suggest the uncharted series and last of us. Both series have long single player modes with level design and story that doesn't make any of the 30+ hours it takes to complete boring.

Own all three uncharted games, but again you are comparing two different genres. Action-adventures have to have a good story, or else the adventure part would be boring as hell. First Person Shooters are normally run and gun and having a detailed story takes away from the run and gun. Also, the AI sole purpose is to shoot at you or duck and avoid your shots. If the AI was so good that you never hit them, what would be the point? All games have dumbed down AI, otherwise every game would be unbeatable as you could code it so they never get hit or rarely get hit, which again would take away from run and gun. You tell me to play games, but seeing as I enjoyed all those games, it is apparent that you have biased views on it. I love all games as I'm a gamer. Yeah some games have flaws, but so do humans and like the saying goes, "One man's junk is another man's treasure".
Last edited on by admin
I agree with BHXspector on that one. i think you would have to be quite narrow minded to say COD is a bad game, it might not be your type of game, but it is definitely not a bad game. i personally thought the older ones were better because the single player was based off of actual war heroes and events, but honestly the newer ones are more a multiplayer focus, and it does that quite well. its an intuitive, easy to pick up shooter. what wrong with that?

haha and on a side not, who reported him for voicing his opinion?
Paoletti301 wrote:
haha and on a side not, who reported him for voicing his opinion?

Matters not. Literally my first report, and chances are the reason for the report was dumb. Either "he used a vulgar word that hurt my virgin eyes" or "his argument makes me look stupid so please remove it". Either way, after a couple of years here, only got one report so I think it will go unnoticed by the admins.

[EDIT]
Guess it won't go unnoticed like all the other threads on here that have it in there. Freedom of speech, until someone has an issue then you get censored. Or maybe it is just me as no one had an issue with this one: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/95396/4/#msg514684
or
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/95396/4/#msg514743
*snickers*
It is a f*cking FPS

Though, hope we have dumb users. "Gee, did he mean ficking or focking? I can't tell!"
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
closed account (o1vk4iN6)
It is a f*cking FPS, they are supposed to be button mashers. What, do you want to just hold the control stick to move forward and let the game just shoot for you?

Guess you are too old of a gamer to know what that means. It means, a button pops up on the screen, you press that button and then a cutscene plays. A giant red flag for the game is targeted for casuals. Halo 1 is a good example of what a good story is and good gameplay. It started the whole online multiplayer, at least for consoles.

Own all three uncharted games, but again you are comparing two different genres. Action-adventures have to have a good story

Who gives a fuck what the genre is ? I can expect a FPS to have a good story just as I can except an action adventure to have a shitty one.

Don't have time to chat, will read more later, those two point stuck out like an old ugly toe.
Last edited on
closed account (3qX21hU5)
So every game must have a good story to be consider a good game? Damn I guess the classics like Tetris and Space Invaders or basically every puzzle games is out then :(.

Now that I think of it all sports/racing games must suck also ;p
closed account (o1vk4iN6)
None of those have a story, COD shouldn't even bother including a story. If all there was in COD was the single player story would you call it a good game ? Probably not. You are just blind siding one part of the game cause the other part is considered good.

"Don't forget that people think they're experts on alchemy after they play."

Again alchemy isn't real so they can not think they are experts for something that doesn't exist.
Last edited on
@xerzi

None of those have a story, COD shouldn't even bother including a story

Some people only play single player on COD games whether they don't have internet or they enjoy it.

If all there was in COD was the single player story would you call it a good game ? Probably no

If the game only had a single player story, they would've probably focused more on it then.
Last edited on
closed account (3qX21hU5)
xerzi wrote:
None of those have a story, COD shouldn't even bother including a story. If all there was in COD was the single player story would you call it a good game ? Probably not. You are just blind siding one part of the game cause the other part is considered good.

Actually I would. I have played most of the COD series and have really only played them for the campaign mode and have only played the multiplayer once or twice.

You are making assumptions that everyone has the same taste in games as you do which is just complete nonsense. I actually like the COD game and the story just for something that I can pick up and play without putting much thought into playing.

If COD wasn't a good game it wouldn't sell simple as that. And guess what it does sell. Remember that not everyone likes the same things you do.

xerzi wrote:
Again alchemy isn't real so they can not think they are experts for something that doesn't exist.

Umm..... your joking right? Alchemy is real... it's called chemistry.
Last edited on
If all there was in COD was the single player story would you call it a good game

i dont believe their effort was really put towards single player, if it was purely single play i would expect it to be better

i think you missing his point. i believe what he was saying is that the game gets people immersed enough that they believe that they are being told is accurate and that they are learning about the subject. whether it be an imaginary subject like alchemy, or about how guns work and wars play out.
which BHX said
If they think that, then the game is doing its job.

but thats just my interpretation of what he said, i cant speak for him.

It is a f*cking FPS

if i was the admin, i would have chose "clucking" personally.
xerzi wrote:
Guess you are too old of a gamer to know what that means. It means, a button pops up on the screen, you press that button and then a cutscene plays. A giant red flag for the game is targeted for casuals. Halo 1 is a good example of what a good story is and good gameplay. It started the whole online multiplayer, at least for consoles.

Guess you haven't been a gamer long enough to even know the definition.
A person who isn't perticularly good at video games, so they just mash random buttons on the controler, hoping that they do something right. A tactic that works best in fighting games.

All fighters are button mashers, devil may cry series are button mashers, Bayonetta is a button masher, etc. You just hit random buttons hoping to have a good outcome.

What you are thinking of is timed key presses (a la Heavy Rain). Which is considered an interactive movie segment or simply a interactive segment.
xerzi wrote:
Who gives a fuck what the genre is ? I can expect a FPS just as I can except an action adventure to have a shitty one.

FPS are designed to be run and gun. In other words your whole goal is simply to shoot enemy AI. You don't need a good story, hell you don't even need a story for that matter. Just give weapons and put enemies in front of them, at that point it is self-explanatory that you have to kill them. I can't think of any FPS that was both a run and gun and had a good story.
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
Pages: 12345... 7