game idea anyone?

Pages: 1... 4567
Mkay, suit yourself.
germanchocolate wrote:
One person can't always win a battle(even BHX).

See, I try to only pick battles I know I'm right on, otherwise I try to keep to myself and let others fight who have more knowledge than me. Sometimes I ask questions if it is a topic that interests me to learn something new.
@fred

you also need to realize that arguments and debates and challenging other ideas is how the world progresses and gains knowledge.

if no one challenged each other we would still think the universe revolved around a flat earth
Now, here is the best example, I could argue with Paoletti301, but I would lose because he is right on that. As stated above, you can't win all the battles you are in, and the only reason it seems I always win is because I pick my battles. I only respond to topics I'm knowledgeable about. That is why I post more in Lounge than the other forums, but because I know programming, but I don't know everything and usually the ones I know I reply too just to give an extra opinion to the discussion. Otherwise I just discuss and debate with others on things in the Lounge.
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
devonrevenge gave an idea about a game 'darkmoor'.

at the risk of sounding weird I have given it a lot of thought, and the more I think about it the cooler the images become in my mind. I am starting to think maybe cryengine3 for a project of that nature?

has anyone played with this game engine?

also for beginning with visual programming which is better... sfml or sdl?
@manga

ive never used SDL so i cant help you there.

however i can say that i just started SFML 2 and i think its fantastic.
very intuitive
BHXSpecter wrote:
I could argue with Paoletti301, but I would lose because he is right

How many arguments have you seen where the person who was actually right won? It's normally the person who knows the most logical fallacies that wins.
chrisname wrote:
How many arguments have you seen where the person who was actually right won? It's normally the person who knows the most logical fallacies that wins.

Yes, but the more fallacies you make the easier it is to lose track of them. Once you start getting caught in lies, your image is gone and any respect you gained will be left in the dust.
So once you start an argument, it's either win it or lose your rep?

Wow.
@Fred He said if you are caught in a lie, people will start to not trust you(loose respect).
Oh ok. I don't lie so it's all good.
I never lie either! Has anyone seen my limo? I misplaced it...
Well everyone lies, I mean I don't do it often on these forums.

My last post was a lie... :P
Last edited on by Fredbill30
@Fred What if you're lying by saying you are not lying on these forums? :O
Fredbill30 wrote:
So once you start an argument, it's either win it or lose your rep?
Keep in mind that there is a huge difference between vehemently defending a position when obviously being countered and having an educated argument, realizing you're wrong, accepting it, and admitting it.
I have heard an argument, that there is no right or wrong, just different points of view.

For example, the earth is not the center of the universe because it revolves around the sun.

The earth is the center of the universe because it holds life which is trying to expand outward, and since the universe is infinite it actually has no center, thus the earth could be considered the zero point of the universe. The starting point on an infinite number line. The center.
@Thumper I'm not 100% certain so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think not many people like admitting their wrong.
Manga wrote:
I have heard an argument, that there is no right or wrong
There is such a thing as being wrong. There are also just different points of view that aren't right or wrong, so I agree with you partially.
I've seen people defend some ridiculous stuff when they're obviously wrong and just refuse to admit it.

@germanchocolate
It takes a real man to admit when he is wrong.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
There is such a thing as being wrong.

you cant write a template function in c++. its 100% impossible

edit: and my internet connection was really slow because my vga cable flamed out

edit 2: sorry i thought that said there is no such thing
Last edited on
Case and point
Pages: 1... 4567