What's Your Greatest Fear?

Pages: 12
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Post it here.
Last edited on by Fredbill30
telling people my greatest fear
Don't have one. Nothing worth fearing anything to be honest.
That's bull. Not scared of dying? Not scared of being tortured?
Dying? No, everything dies. Tortured? Nope, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Honestly, I grew up in a military and police family, that is mental torture (especially the torture you put on yourself worrying about punishments if you lie to your family).
wtf man. You must be some type of superhuman then.
Bats and deep wells terrify me.
Superhuman? Not at all. I'm just getting older and realize fears are just mental. I don't fear death because I grew up around it: Father was murdered, nephew was born dead, 2 grandfathers died, one step-grandfather died, great grandmother died, grandmother died, uncle overdosed on drugs, wife's grandmother and on grandfather died, and son has came close to dying on several occasions due to his issue of suddenly stop breathing when he gets scared or upset.
Wow. I wish I can have no fears.
I am afraid of heights. I know it is cliche but that is honestly what I fear. Some psychologists link it to a fear of failing, which is not entirely true in my case.

Also, I have a friend who claims to have "no fears", but once I got to know him, he did have things that he would hate to happen and the way he described them to me made them sound like fears. So maybe BHX has a "fear" but by whose definition and severity are we classifying a fear?

Frog parking, violators will be toad!
Last edited on
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
not gonna lie, disch scares me a little
Fredbill30 wrote:
Post it here.

Your greatest fear is that someone posts here?

No, he was simply stating to post your greatest fear in this post.

If you were just being sarcastic and joking around, then just ignore what I said.

Odd, considering you love double (sometimes posting):P
Script Coder wrote:
Also, I have a friend who claims to have "no fears", but once I got to know him, he did have things that he would hate to happen and the way he described them to me made them sound like fears. So maybe BHX has a "fear" but by whose definition and severity are we classifying a fear?

Everyone has things they would hate to happen (losing a limb, being in a car crash, etc.). Though, my number of appendages don't define me so losing an arm and leg is no big deal, would just give me the challenge of adapting to not having it. Car crashes? Been in too many to fear those.
Google gave me a great way of defining it the way I think of fear
a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.

By that definition, no I fear nothing. I've had a guy with a knife threaten me, had guys try to threaten to kick my ass. Food fears? I eat anything that doesn't try to eat me. Clown fears? Considered being a clown when I was a kid and grew up knowing a husband and wife that were clowns as a day job. Fear of heights? Did construction for a while where I was always up in the air. Fear of flying? Nope, love flying. I really have no fears.
Cockroaches.
Fucking. Filthy, filthy creatures.
I can do any other bug or spider (within reason). But roaches. Nope. I'm out. To this day I'll still yipe like a little bitch and get someone else to kill it for me. And if I see one and it doesn't get killed then I won't be able to enter the room for a week because my crazy brain won't let me.

Other than that I'm a pretty apathetic guy. I don't typically fear anything. (Note that that doesn't mean I never get scared). I've got a sleeping problem and frequently (once every week or so, sometimes more, sometimes less) experience sleep paralysis, which is accompanied by visions of terror. Often my walls turn to static and this loud white noise/ringing sound plays in my ear like i'm at the climax of a horror movie and someone or something is about to get me, except I can't move and can't speak and all I can do is lay there and try my heart out to move and scream. It can last anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes.
That usually leaves me pretty shaken up for part of the day.
I don't exactly fear it happening though.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
What's Your Greatest Fear?
Fear itself.
I can stand many bugs, but for some reason I'm terrified of moths and slugs... >.>
I dont like fast moving water in caves, I would never go sumping, something I dont like about water in the dark.

but I know that theres nothing to fear but fear its self AND managed to put that into practice.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
I can't STAND bugs.
I sit here for days with a debugger open just to realize I made one slight syntax mistake.
Pages: 12