Motivation help

I have got a major problem: In the 6 years I have been programming, I have yet to complete a project that has lasted more than 24h. One would have thought that I would have solved this problem by now but I always either get demotivated or excited about a different project.

I am able to code anything that takes less than 24h (this is normally solutions to algorithm problems). I need advice on how to solve this problem. Maybe a "mentor" who could give me a project and ensure that I get it done...
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Well I honestly pretend it's programming that puts food on my table.

That being said I don't eat everyday >.>
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Maybe a "mentor" who could give me a project and ensure that I get it done...

You seem to have a good amount of knowledge of programming so I wouldn't really say you need a mentor really, more like a partner to work on a project or projects together.

I actually think it would be beneficial to everyone with this type of problem (Myself included). When you work alone you don't really have anything holding you back from just saying "Well I don't want to work on this anymore". But when you are working in a team you would be letting the other team members down so you might be inclined to push forward.

Maybe check out a few small open source projects you can work on and get into their community. Or if you are looking for something even smaller yet I am just about to start putting a real effort into a Space Shooter or Platformer (Haven't decided really) in C++ and Python (More so Python then C++) so if you are up to it I would be glad to team up with you for that project (It is nothing big just a little game I am doing on my free time).

Either way you are on to something a mentor or partner(s) might be a good inspiration to work on larger projects.
Last edited on
I do the exact same thing, I've decided it's not a problem if I pretend it's not.
That being said I don't eat everyday >.>

I could not help but laugh :)

so if you are up to it I would be glad to team up with you for that project (It is nothing big just a little game I am doing on my free time).

That sounds amazing, thank you.

I do the exact same thing

I do not know whose post you are referring to, due to the fact that both your and Zereo's posts were probably typed round about the same time,.
I was replying to you, Script Coder.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I could not help but laugh :)
That was the point :D
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.