• Forum
  • Lounge
  • I realize that the internet cannot be co

I realize that the internet cannot be completley controlled or snooped on by governments

I been worried about liberty and the direction of the internet recently but then I realized;

If you really don't want people to snoop on your conversations online you could for example establish your own Morse code like language and then agree to communicate with blocks over minecraft for example or gunshot patterns on certain games.

and if they make sure people only use specific monitored channels for the internet to be used on you can (not as simply) still communicate data over the telephone in your own language for your home made hardware attached to your mobile for example.

My point is I was worried about total control and my fellow citizens being manipulated by social control policies etc., but I realize it can only get so bad, no one can have total control over the planet.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Then you realize the UK and US have people that are specifically paid to crack secret codes.

Also, once they're on to you, you'll move up in the rank of potential terrorists.
In a word: Paranoia
closed account (G309216C)
As Fred Bill replied, UK , US have incredible power in terms of Global Intelligence.

First of all establishing Morse Code like language would be very abnormal therefore attracting Authorities attention fairly quickly, although these people would rather use Dark-Web (Deep-Web) rather than making these complex communication links.
You should understand that the goverment is the terrorist #1 and it is more dangerous than any other terrorist.
Last edited on
You should understanf that the goverment is terrorist #1 and it is more dangerous than any other terrorist.
wat

Anyway let's stop this now before this turns into a security debate.
Anyway let's stop this now before this turns into a security debate.

Do you still think that just because someone says stop everyone will actually stop?
if your doing something the government would actually care to snoop in on, id recommend not using the internet for communication.

on a side note, does anyone know if anything the american government gets from their snooping actually usable in the court?
Psh like they'll take you to court if they don't like what you're doing. Guantanamo anyone?
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Nah they will just bomb you with a drone (True story)
Psh like they'll take you to court if they don't like what you're doing. Guantanamo anyone?

They don't even need to use Guantanamo anymore. You guys haven't heard about the NDAA?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Defense_Authorization_Act_for_Fiscal_Year_2012#Indefinite_detention_without_trial:_Section_1021

wikipedia wrote:
includes the power to detain, via the Armed Forces, any person (including a U.S. citizen[13][21]) "who was part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners", and anyone who commits a "belligerent act" against the U.S. or its coalition allies in aid of such enemy forces, under the law of war, "without trial, until the end of the hostilities authorized by the [AUMF]".

The thing about 'no trial detentions' is that you can literally say anyone is a terrorist and without having to prove it at a trial there is no recourse for the victim, innocent or not.

Obama signed this into law his first term. Still not sure how he got re-elected. Oh wait... that's right... he got re-elected because he was running against Mitt Romney.

Federal politics are so crooked
And this is why representative democracy doesn't work. The US and UK may as well be one-party states for all the good having multiple political parties is doing.
The party system is such bull crap, all it does is polarize people and make them feel obligated to vote for candidates of their own party, rather than the better candidate. George Washington warned against such a system in his Farewell Address.
maybe they're gonna throw all protesters/politicized individuals they don't like in those big fema camps they are building, maybe they are expecting some instability, i guess i am paranoid though, but its not crazy to connect the fema detention camps that have popped up to a law that has popped up.

as for communicating secret code over the web i meant they could never suss out a pre-discussed code set in a computer game, more like signals i guess.

What is the need for that terrorism law anyway?
Didn't you guys have enough of debates like this?
they might lock you up in one without a trial for being a troll troll XD
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.