thrill of diablo 3?

Pages: 12
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
so me and my boss are big blizzard fans, and he introduced me to diablo 3. i had never played it (or 1 or 2) before last night. it seemed to me just like warcraft 3, except one player, less control, and a complicated interface. so my question is, does it get better? i have a wow account that i love playing, but is it worth it to take a break and play diablo 3 for a while?
Diablo 3 was a huge letdown, but then again I played the first two extensively. It was a blast to play though a couple times (once per dificulty) but the item system is broken with the introduction of the real-money AH. I am like 99.99% sure Blizzard made it so items for your character have a significantly lower chance of dropping than for other classes, which forces you to use the AH, which generates more revenue for Blizzard. AND every damn item is at least a blue. What the hell? In the D1 and D2 it was actually exciting getting magic items because it didn't happen all the damn time.

All in all, I recommend playing through it at least once. It really is fun is destroy hordes of demons. It just has no replay value, IMO. Blizzard's greed has ruined a great series.
what about diablo 2 then? i bought that too but havent had a chance to try it yet
closed account (N36fSL3A)
What's the feel of diablo like?
ever play warcraft 3?
Nope.
hmmm... ocarina of time?
Diablo 2 is awesome. I recommend it. That's a game with replay value.

I wouldn't say Diablo feels like OoT or WC3 at all... Not sure where you got that from. Diablo just feels like Diablo. It kind of defined the whole dungeon-crawler hack and slash genre.
i was getting at the movement style where its kind of a 3d birds eye view and you move by clicking (like in w3). like i said i just started playing so i dont know what it feels like. i was trying to describe the interface
Isn't Warcraft an RTS?

Diablo is not anything like an RTS, if my sources are correct.

That's like saying Runescape reminds you of Total War.
im not saying gameplay guys. im saying that movement and control is like it. obviuosly my wizard isnt going to go through the water temple to fight the lich king. and diablo 3 is an rts
im not saying gameplay guys. im saying that movement and control is like it. obviuosly my wizard isnt going to go through the water temple to fight the lich king. and diablo 3 is an rts
And I'm saying RS and Total War are comparable because of the view and movement.
exactly. but the way you phrased it you made it sound like the two i was comparing had nothing in common
The two only have those 2 things in common.

That's like comparing a human to a sloth because they both have eyes and arms.
first of all, you and i dont know that because you have played neither and and i havent extensively played diablo 3, and as i said that is the only thing i am comparing because i havent played it extensively... and i know for a fact those arent the only two things they have in common
Dude, they're two completely different games.
not really. yes the story line is different but that doesnt make them completely different.
Whoa, Diablo is not an RTS at all.
^This.
sorry my mistake. i read a wikipedia article and misunderstood. yes its not but that doesnt make it completely different as fred is saying
Pages: 12