Should a 13 year old be learning about 3D mathematics?

Pages: 12345
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Coming back then.

Once you solve complex problems aren't you using a custom made formula or are you not?
so your argument is, once you solved the problem, you now know how to solve the problem, ergo solving the problem with easy?
aren't you or are you not
?
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
no you arent. its like saying you made a templated class/container with methods and virtual constructors and such and a c programmer says you mean a data structure with function pointers that is held in an array
Whatever you win. I don't want to argue anymore.
heres an interesting thing, one of our education ministers at a "teachers meeting" stated it was not important for a child to know how the algorithm worked but just that he got the right answer.

basicly to reach some kind of targets the curriculum has disbanded critical thinking!! why i dont know but you will find critical thinking not being encouraged at a young age in any developed country.
That must be a every-school-besides-mine thing devon.
in american state schools the teachers cant plan their lessons to suit the students, you all get the same lessons on the same things, or so i heard.

as for the critical thinkning, they dont teach it much and its on its way out, maybe your teacher is breaking the rules and teaching you to think
Last edited on
Don't assume that. Do you live in the US? No. Have you ever attended school here? No.
Thank you guys for all you insight. Im not saying that I am going to give up just because I cant understand it, I will keep reading , learning, practicing until I do, that's just who I am. I know that math is alot more that equations and algorithms, its really all about understanding how these things work so you can solve problems. That is what I'm trying to become is a great problem solver(a.k.a programmer).I really wanted to see any advice on how I should approach learning 3D mathematics.
fredbill *raises handbag* im right unless its changed recently
Where's your proof? You can't be right all the time.

Unless you're a woman. Then you are always right.
Last edited on by Fredbill30
closed account (z05DSL3A)
In its 2012 platform, the Republican Party of Texas rejected the teaching of "Higher Order Thinking Skills... critical thinking skills and similar programs," giving as a reason that this sort of teaching has "the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority."
0_o

I didn't even know that 'Critical Thinking' was even a subject to be taken at school. The 'skills' where just part of everyday education back in my day. You where not spoon fed the formulas and the correct answer only carried a few marks in tests, it was more important to show you understand how and why.
I don't think I was ever "spoon fed" in school.
Holy hell why do people let Fred's opinion matter to them? If he is the age he says he is, he knows nothing about anything really. I'm not going to take a "12" year olds opinion on how "simple" math is to heart.
Last edited on
ResidentBiscuit wrote:
Holy hell why do people let Fred's opinion matter to them?
A fallacious opinion should always be challenged. ;0)
Well maybe because it DOES matter? Free country after all >.>

Unless you live in Russia. In that case, I feel bad for you.

Or under any communist rule/dictatorship.
ResidentBiscuit wrote:
Holy hell why do people let Fred's opinion matter to them?
Fredbill30 wrote:
Well maybe because it DOES matter? Free country after all >.>
being a free country has nothing to do with your opinion mattering to me or not. You can have an opinion (no matter how fallacious it is) but it doesn't have to matter to anyone.
Good point.

Whatever I don't care if you guys don't like my opinions, I'm still going to post them.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
in american state schools the teachers cant plan their lessons to suit the students, you all get the same lessons on the same things, or so i heard.v
kind of true actually. its called the learning standard or something like that
Pages: 12345