What age did you start programming

Pages: 1... 345
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
Paoletti301, indeed. Binding of Isaac is actually being remade in C++ with new content.
Actually, it's the other way around with me computerquip. Higher level langs confuse me. I guess that's a mistake for learning C++ as your first non-scripting lang.

I don't think you know what a low level programming means Fredbill
closed account (N36fSL3A)
What? Lower-level languages are like Assembly and stuff.

Never said C++ was a low level lang.
If you write C++ code and write the same thing in Python the C++ code will be faster. Python has a lot of overhead because of how simple it is and how many features it has. Why is this an argument?
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I don't know to be honest.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
If you write C++ code and write the same thing in Python the C++ code will be faster
oh my god we are not going through this again. read the whole [curse words omitted] thread alitcandle
DTSCode wrote:
oh my god we are not going through this again. read the whole [curse words omitted] thread alitcandle

Yeah, we need something new. Who is a better coder? I'm a better coder than you DTSCode, I flatline daily reading these threads ;)
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
I'm a better coder than you DTSCode

oh yeah? i wrote hello world in bf! and... wait for it... i flatline hourly reading these
BF? BrainF***? I love that language... so elegant.

Thought about it, I think the first time I programmed properly was at about 16 or 17. Although I did get past Hello World in my original forays at a much younger age, 14 or so.

I think the significance of me getting into programming was that it started just about as soon as I found out what any of these programming languages are. Originally it was QBASIC (or QuickBASIC, one of those), but moved to C++ as soon as I heard it was considered a professional language (because BASIC, bless it, doesn't appear as particularly professional even to a dewy-eyed adolescent).

I think my skill is probably related to the time I've put in, rather than my age. Age, however, has made me better and better at avoiding accidentally derailing a thread for 4 pages. :P Or maybe that's related to the time I've been on message boards?
wow 12, 9. i am 15 years old. i lose T_T. but i want to hardwork to be c++ master lol
Started since I was 8 (VB&VBS)
9 (Still VB&VBS)
10 (C++)
11 (Still C++)
Now I am 12 (C++ & Java)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 1... 345