Fredbill30

Pages: 12
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Well, I guess I was user banned for thread detrailing, I just really found out like 2 days ago but didn't really worry about it.

And it wasn't against the terms of service, so I decided to make a new account.

Well this is a new start, so you guys can't say I'm worried about post count or anything.

I know it isn't really smart to make a new account and announce it like this. I'm unsure if it's allowed or not. If it isn't, can an admin let me know so I can close the account?

Yea, one thing before I finish this. If I'm okay to do this, any tips on avoiding thread detrailing? I haven't really intentionally been doing it.
closed account (o1vk4iN6)
any tips on avoiding thread detrailing

Look at your post then look at the topic.

I don't really see how you can derail threads in the lounge seeing some of the stuff that gets posted there, maybe make a new sub forum named "Serious Business Lounge".
No there is no ToS against it because if there was Catfish would be in trouble due to all his accounts. As for thread derailment, best way to avoid this is to keep your comments on topic to the thread.

For example, if a thread is started asking how to do socket programming and someone comes in with a post of their sex life, bully at school, dumb coworker, etc it is derailing the thread. We are bad about it, but we need to really stay on topic in posts.
Yes but sometimes when I type things I don't even realize its derailing, I honestly think it's on topic. Then, when I look back 2 pages later I realize it's totally different than before. A good example would be the "Is it just me" thread.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
To be honest fred I don't think it really had anything to do with derailing threads in general that got you banned because derailment of threads happen all the time in the lounge (Though I will admit you did do it a little more often then normal).

I have a feeling it had more to do with the your attitude and not really listening to the other users feedback when they told you about it, though I am just guessing. But everyone deserves second chances I believe so glad you are back just hope you don't go into old habits.

Anyways welcome back.
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
Welcome back. You did derail a few topics, but most of the times that your posts were reported they were on topic. I noticed someone was trying to get you banned by reporting everything you said.
closed account (iw0XoG1T)
People reported a 12-year-old kid for acting like a 12-year-old kid. And now this kid thinks he did something wrong. The twits that reported Fred should be ashamed of themselves.
honestly, i dont think you should have been banned, most of the threads you "derailed" were in the lounge section, and most were starting to drift off topic anyways.

however, just be sure when posting in sections that actually matter ( eg. everything else ) that you keep it on topic, actually add something that may have been overlooked by other poster, and actually know that the advice your giving is factual ( if you arent sure it is then state that you are unsure )
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
I am 13. I have derailed a few topics mostly on a forum I was on before. Like Fred said, most of the time you don't realise that it is off topic, but then when you look back you notice how off topic it is.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
People reported a 12-year-old kid for acting like a 12-year-old kid. And now this kid thinks he did something wrong.

So we should just let kids do whatever and act however and not have to live with the consequences? Just because you are 12 years old doesn't mean you can act however you want and expect everyone to just be fine with it and not care.

If that was the case we would have some really messed up kids. If you don't learn when you are young that there are consequences for your actions you will believe you can get away with anything no matter what age you are.

Plus on the internet no one cares how old you are. I could be 12 years old and act in some way that others don't like and get banned for it and I could be 50 years old and act the same way and get banned for it. So I ask you what is the difference between the two? Is the 12 year old somehow less responsible for his actions?

The twits that reported Fred should be ashamed of themselves.

It seems like society these days is not willing to actually cast the blame on the actual individual that did the acts. Instead they must pass it off onto someone else.

I would also like to point out that twicker owns this site and can ban whoever he wishes to. And I would like to believe that obviously he saw a reason to ban him because really it doesn't happen all that often.

So instead of calling the people who reported him "twits" you might as well be calling the admin a "twit.
I am 13. I have derailed a few topics mostly on a forum I was on before. Like Fred said, most of the time you don't realise that it is off topic, but then when you look back you notice how off topic it is.

as i said, in the lounge everyone does it at some point, but thats the way a lounge should be in my opinion

on a side note though, how did you go from FredBill to Lumpkin
chwsks wrote:
People reported a 12-year-old kid for acting like a 12-year-old kid. And now this kid thinks he did something wrong. The twits that reported Fred should be ashamed of themselves.
You also have to understand that there's a time and a place to act like a 12-year-old. On a more adult forum, that might not be the place. Now that's not to say that you shouldn't act your age if you're a younger lad, it means that you need to realize that there are a significant amount of other people here that would much prefer it if you composed yourself a little better (for the most part; there are always exceptions).

Anyway, welcome back.
Zereo wrote:
It seems like society these days is not willing to actually cast the blame on the actual individual that did the acts. Instead they must pass it off onto someone else.

Yeah, look at Lindsay Lohan's mom. Blamed media for her daughters addiction instead of admitting she tried to be her friend instead of a parent. Wrestling even has been attacked like this, parents blamed wrestlers for their kids copying the moves and killing someone.

Zereo wrote:
I would also like to point out that twicker owns this site and can ban whoever he wishes to. And I would like to believe that obviously he saw a reason to ban him because really it doesn't happen all that often.

So instead of calling the people who reported him "twits" you might as well be calling the admin a "twit.

I agree with that completely.

Like was said, so long as he doesn't go back into his old habits and starts listening to people's advice instead of having the attitude of "I think this no matter what other more experienced people think" then he will be good to go.
closed account (iw0XoG1T)
I believe I may have insulted a few grown men who were acting like children.
chwsks wrote:
I believe I may have insulted a few grown men who were acting like children.

Nope, only kids and teens get insulted. Adults that act like children know they do and laugh at the remarks (like me, I'm almost 32 years old and still act like a kid but find it helps with stress this way and entertains the kids in the family, son included).

Everything in life is a learning experience. No one can teach you how to do everything, you just have to make the mistakes on your own and be mature enough to learn from them and grow as an individual.
Everything in life is a learning experience. No one can teach you how to do everything, you just have to make the mistakes on your own and be mature enough to learn from them and grow as an individual.

indeed, and it seems fred has learned his lesson, im not sure what this site has in the way of "punishments" but if all there is is banning, then hopefully it got through and fred will make an attempt to change
Most of the posts Fredbill30 made outside of the lounge were... questionable. They didn't make sense in the context of the posts he was responding to. He asked questions that were answered in previous posts. He made inane suggestions, and he presented code that would never work.

My suspicion is that the ban stems more from that than his lounge theatrics and when you combine the two, I don't find the ban at all surprising. It is my opinion that the lounge and programming forums have both been more pleasant to read without his input.
If I'm okay to do this, any tips on avoiding thread detrailing? I haven't really intentionally been doing it.

Read. Think. Write. Read. Think. Read. Think. Modify. Post.
Catfish4 wrote:

Read. Think. Write. Read. Think. Read. Think. Modify. Post.

+Read, +Edit.
Last edited on
on a side note though, how did you go from FredBill to Lumpkin
A joke on Black Ops 2. My clan tag is "LUMP" (supposed to be Lumpkin) And whenever I kill someone on FFA I yell DON'T MESS WITH THE LUMP!

Well.. yea.
Pages: 12