Unveiling of Epsilon Anti-Virus

Pages: 1... 8910
closed account (G309216C)
Hi,

That escalated quickly. Besides who are the people who said they did not trust the exe apart from that you all said I was a liar which I was not Cyberwarfare worked with me and yes he is my brother, according to your alls idealogy two brothers cannot work on project togather, also I said I don't like to bring up family's and other relations again and again when did I ever say he was not my brother where did you get that idea.

Next @Null, but I am working on the protection because normally they have Signed Signatures so we can identify them via that so we can easily unhook and re-show the Boot Sector.
As I was using it for tests for myself I never met the need to worry about them so I am sorry but it included.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
SpaceWorm wrote:
That escalated quickly. Besides who are the people who said they did not trust the exe apart from that you all said I was a liar which I was not Cyberwarfare worked with me and yes he is my brother, according to your alls idealogy two brothers cannot work on project togather, also I said I don't like to bring up family's and other relations again and again when did I ever say he was not my brother where did you get that idea.
Sorry, I don't understand, any chance you could make it a bit more legible?
I would like to see at least a test version with a limited feature set
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
I wouldn't hold my breath.
I won't post quotes as they have been posted on several pages already, but earlier in this thread you said Cyberwarfare was just some guy you worked with. In another thread you said you were brothers. As far as I care you can work with your grandmother if she knows programming. The problem everyone is having is that you made it sound like he wasn't your brother here, but rather just a co-worker. When it comes to family, most of us would say "me and my brother" or "me and <family member>", but you seem to have an odd inclination to avoid acknowledging that you have family in programming (which you should be proud of as I'm it in my family).

I was just pointing out all the issues everyone had with you in my posts.

The main thing I'm calling you a liar on is you saying your have 721,181 lines of code and it is 1GB. The linux 2.4 kernel is 100MB and 3.38 million lines of code.
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
The entire history in Git of the Linux Kernel since 2005 is just under 1GB...
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
Little do you know, each line in his source file is over a kB large. That shows you!

EDIT: Btw, of which is 1024 bytes (1 character per byte per ISO standard), or if its Unicode, depending on width, is 32 characters in worse case scenario (using 32-bit encoded Unicode characters... which would be stupid but possible).
Last edited on
Source code is almost always ASCII-encoded. I really doubt anyone is using UTF-32 for code. UTF-8 is a stretch but that wouldn't increase the size of the source files anyway.

This and the fact that the GUI screenshots look extremely fake make me pretty sure this is all a hoax.
Source code is almost always ASCII-encoded. I really doubt anyone is using UTF-32 for code. UTF-8 is a stretch but that wouldn't increase the size of the source files anyway.

I'm pretty sure that nowadays, most editors use UTF-8 as the default encoding. However that's irrelevant to final size, as you said.

This and the fact that the GUI screenshots look extremely fake make me pretty sure this is all a hoax.

Another problematic thing is how it's supposed to install to the MBR.
As a Windows developer you'd probably have to write your own MBR-writer utility, no? I don't remember if Windows has some raw copying utility similar to dd.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
There's dd for Windows.
There's dd for Windows.

Well of course, but not out-of-the-box... point taken though, he could just use that instead of writing his own from scratch.
Catfish4 wrote:
Another problematic thing is how it's supposed to install to the MBR. As a Windows developer you'd probably have to write your own MBR-writer utility, no?

Writing to the MBR isn't difficult to do though, assuming Windows lets you do raw disk access (which it must do, otherwise dd wouldn't work - also he did claim to have written a kernel-mode driver which would be able to do it). All you need to do is write 446 bytes to the first sector of the hard disk. At any rate, Windows likely does have some tool that does it. Maybe diskpart can do it. Developing the bootloader would be the harder part.
@SpaceWorm - Where can I download the installer, or how can I install it?
So... still compiling that 1 GB of code?
Anyone? Can I download it??
It's not released yet.
Until it's released I guess you won't be able to.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 1... 8910