<< "statements don't end with the closing paren " ;p
  << "of a function call or other such cases like " ;p 
  << "that. Oh, and to end this off here's a cute " ;p
  << "face I made especially for you." << std::endl ;}
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Why'd you delete your joke OP?

LB wrote:
-snip-
You actually can't write the program itself on the same line as #include.

#include <iostream>
int main(){ auto &p = std::cout ;p
  << "You weren't kidding when you said that was a" ;p
  << " bad joke. There's many cases where program " ;p
  << "statements don't end with the closing paren " ;p
  << "of a function call or other such cases like " ;p 
  << "that. Oh, and to end this off here's a cute " ;p
  << "face I made especially for you." << std::endl ;}
Oh, I didn't realize that was nonstandard. I worked with a compiler once that required the entire program to be on one line, so I just assumed it was allowed normally.

And yes, the OP deleted their joke, which I had taken the time and effort to respond to.
Last edited on
Aww sorry! It was a stupid joke (remember the warning?) Another stupid joke: Why do all java programmers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!
The zombies feel left out.
Oh, yeah that's right! Okay what would you experience as you turn into a zombie?
You would experience the same effects as this pill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9pD_UK6vGU
Zombification <-should be a word) does not involve a decrease in IQ, I want to know how it is first person, not third.
Last edited on
Becoming a zombie doesn't involve a decrease in IQ? o_o

Also, no idea why you're even mentioning first/third person at all.
I'm making a game, I want to know what it would be like to SLOWLY transform into a zombie.
You would start to have less control over your character. However this is already a bad game idea because you need to focus more on gameplay then realism to make a game that is fun to play (and not just neat to experience an annoying to play) - by making it slowly harder to control the character in a way the player wants you make the game more frustrating and annoying.
I have no clue what I just wrote.

It's been three days... Three days and four nights, and I can see my skin start to rot around the bite mark Soon, my arm will be gone and I with it. With each passing day, I experience worsening fevers. I am always thirsty no matter how much water I drink. Sometime I see the corpses around town and wonder how their flesh would taste. The fantasies grew more and more real, and I felt both disgusted and hungry the more I thought about it. Sometimes I would smell the putrid stench from the dead, which now smelled more and more like a good steak. Sometimes I look at others who were still alive, and I swore I could smell their fear... On the fourth day, I collapsed from exhaustion. I could barely move, and my right arm dangled uselessly. As I lay on the ground, praying for death, my arm turned yellow, then green right before my eyes. I saw the skin shrivel, the muscles underneath tightening. My blood vessel pushed against the epidermis, but they were all colored black. Strangely, I felt no pain. I lost all feeling in my arm, and I could feel the numbness spread to the right of my chest. With a shout, I tore off my ragged shirt with my good arm to reveal the tendrils of black veins rise across my chest. I gasped. My lung began to die. The disease spread faster. For a moment, I saw stars. Blue ones, red ones, white ones all flashing in and out and obscuring what happened next. I tried to move my legs, but they were so tired... and so was I. Breathing heavily, I managed to blink away the stars to see my stomach churn. I suddenly felt hungry again. Here I am, dying and unable to move, yet all I could think about was eating a nice, raw steak... One with blood still spilling out and maybe still attached to its host. I weakly turned my head at the sound of a groan. It was another one of them. It came to finish me off. I expected to feel fear, to experience the chills and goose bumps all over my body like I had ever since they came. But I felt nothing. I felt at peace, like I had worked my ass off for a month and was finally getting a chance to rest. Yes, rest. I gasped again, choking this time. With my good hand, I felt the black veins climbing up my neck and to my cheek. Suddenly, I heard popping noises. This was it, I thought. My vision blurred. I lay my head down and let my tongue roll out as if I had already died. Another moment later, and I realized I could not hear anymore. The last sound to reach me was a sharp ping, before fading into eerie silence. Soon, I could feel nothing either. I could not feel the cold tarmac beneath me nor did I feel the dark veins immure my heart. My vision finally left, but I was still conscious. This empty, numb vessel with a soul still contemplating his own death while his skin bubbled and popped. I wondered for a moment if I had already passed, that this eternal blackness was what lay ahead of me forever. But I was dead wrong. I managed to feel the excruciating pain of my brain being chomped on, and muffled cracks and crunches reverberated in my head.
Okay, if you can't think of how to create the idea of your game, you may be in trouble. That aside....

Diary setting for being bit...
Day 1:
That damn guy bit me! Why did he bite me?! God, so much blood, can't get it to stop. I'll just bandage it up for now and hope it stops bleeding.

Day 2:
Not feeling so good. Been getting shakes and think I'm running a fever. I feel like my skin is on fire. Must be an infection from the bite, maybe it will pass. I'll get meds to be on the safe side.

Day 3:
I'm also having problems with my limbs, sometimes my legs or hands don't want to work like I want. The skin around the bite is rotting off. I find myself having urges to eat...eat other people!

Day 4:
Today, an impulse came over me and I bit my neighbor. The chunk of flesh I got out of him...tasted good....Oh God! I'm turning into one of those things!

Day 5:
mmmmmm.....flesh......

Diary from a guy infected by the mysterious virus (no bite):

Day 1:
The mist the lead lab technician was working on went off in my face today. I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to do a whole write up on such a dumb incident.

Day 2:
Woke up this morning feeling like I'm catching a cold. Took some medicine and went to work. Laid down to rest a few hours after work.

Day 3:
Cold is getting worse. I feel like I can't get enough to drink. Feel so tired and shaky. Laid back down for most of the day.

Day 4:
My skin is starting to itch. What is going on. Some spots even feel like I've been burned by something. What kind of cold is this?

Day 5:
Everything I eat makes me vomit. I keep taking meds, but if I can't keep them down how will the help me? I just wish this would pass already.

Day 6:
Was scratching a spot on my arm today and a chunk of skin feel off! What is happening to me?! This obviously isn't a cold, but what?!

Day 7:
Can't eat, constantly thirsty, but the vomiting has stopped finally. Maybe whatever this illness is is finally passing.

Day 8:
Dear God! I killed the man down the hall today! I tore is throat out with my mouth...and liked it! His flesh tasted good, first thing I could eat and not vomit.

Day 9: <at this point he is gone and I would skew his vocabulary and such>
My limbs aren't wanting to work like they used to. I've been feeding off the rotting flesh that keeps falling off my arm. So delicious...

Day 10:
flesh.....mmmmmm.....

My point is, you can make them do however you think it should do for turning into a zombie. There is no set story to it, that is just what I typed up on the fly as I thought it up.
Okay, It isn't a bad game because becoming a zombie is not a part of the story line, the whole game isn't becoming a zombie and the gameplay is currently pretty good but I'm actually going to change it a bit to make it more interesting. Please don't automatically assume that because I ask a question about a small part of a game doesn't mean that small part is the whole game. I already do have the idea of my game made. (your bit list) Day 1: something happens where you get the disease (more than 1 way), Day 2: meds are expensive and rare, mostly bought on the black market. Day 3-5: urges not going to be added. (non bit list) Day 1: Not asking for a story, Damn it Larry learn your lab safety! Waft!!! Day 2-5: No stories. The skew vocabulary is good though, I will add that! (I just want to get a good picture of what the popular zombie image is)
Last edited on
*sigh* You obviously missed the whole point of that post. I wasn't attacking the game, I was just pointing out the fact that it is odd that you are asking for symptoms to a fictional thing that has no real documented symptoms. If you watch zombie movies almost none ever show how the infection spreads and have a few that go through the change of healthy to zombie, but is mostly them getting weak while being in pain. The two separate stories (which you can find similar, more thought out stories in almost every Resident Evil game) were to show you can make up whatever you want so long as they become a zombie in the end.

You can make up whatever symptoms you want for it.

You can sit there and make the symptoms cramping, dry mouth, bleeding through orifices, blurred vision, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, painful urination, extreme gas, etc. so long as the final result is a zombie.

Don't forget, in recent years they have added more to zombie types. No longer are there just slow mindless zombies, but runners, exploders, ones with long tongues etc.
It is fictional yes but your symptoms could be based on reality.

A person infected would encounter a lot of pain. Not just from the bite which would ease once shock set in, but in true form to infection, fever. They would also encounter fatique and loss of appetite. Then death, and by their recollection nothing more.

After death, the zombie process takes over.
Manga wrote:
It is fictional yes but your symptoms could be based on reality.

Yes, that is what I just said :/.
No, I think you said extreme urination and painful gas...
Mythos != myth in that a mythos is a story. It's a more broad term, describing an entire set of beliefs, qualities, ideas of a certain grouping. For instance; the walking dead zombie mythos may have some differences in how it spreads from, say, the left 4 dead zombie mythos.

Also, realgiganitris, I'm not fred.
@Manga
You think? A few posts up and you can't be bothered to scroll a smidge up to read it? The list was "cramping, dry mouth, bleeding through orifices, blurred vision, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, painful urination, extreme gas, etc.".

As I pointed out turning into a zombie isn't real so you can't really base it on reality as that would be implying being a zombie had real world symptoms.

Now you can give the transformation symptoms from real world illnesses as a lot of illnesses do have an overlap of symptoms. You can make the transformation into a zombie as painful or painless as you want and you can attach real world illness symptoms to it as you see fit.

Depending on the extent of your game as to what you have planned.

Example:
Extreme gas you can make a symptom as well as a sign for a person to become a zombie that can blow up and do damage due to letting gas build up in them making their stomach acids go everywhere.

Vomiting can be symptoms and signs of a projectile vomiting zombie.
[EDIT] Extended example for more clarity.
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
Pages: 123