VS error

closed account (jwkNwA7f)
I am making a game in Visual Studio 2012. VS is coming up with a lot of errors, when I am almost positive there isn't any.
For example:
error CS2653 'Image' is not a class

When I go to go when I double click the error, it doesn't have the squiggly red line. Also, when I hover over it, it says:
class Image

So, at least this one isn't actually an error. Also, it doesn't show these errors until I try to build it.

Thank you!
Did you forget to include\link this file to your project? Are you trying to use this class before you define it without a forward declaration?
I included image.h (where the class is). When I hover over it is says 'class Image' and there is no red line under it.
I am making a game in Visual Studio 2012. VS is coming up with a lot of errors, when I am almost positive there isn't any.

When you say "a lot of errors" deal with the first then attempt to recompile. Rinse and repeat. Many errors so listed will be the result of not recovering correctly from a previous error.
"Image" is kind of a generic name, what libraries are you using? Are you using one that might already be using this class name? Even if you can't find any documentation that says "Image" is already being used for something else then either do a quick Find+Replace and change "Image" to something else or encapsulate it into it's own namespace.
Last edited on
Okay, now I feel stupid. I left out the ';' for two classes. Thanks for the help!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.