Money Management

closed account (N36fSL3A)
So, I have about 150 dollars coming my way.

I'm debating on what to do with it. Should I put it towards a new PC, or should I spend it on hanging out with my friends.

A small post, I know, so I'm going to ask another question...

===OFFTOPIC===
If an inspector comes in your back yard without letting you know, and your dog attacks them, will you be put in jail?
$150 USD isn't a lot of money for a PC, unless you have your next payday lined up I'd just spend it with my friends. If on the other hand you do have at least a semi-regular income then it would be worth saving up for.

Now for your second question, since you're a fellow NYS resident it would depend on if the LEO had a warrant or probable cause to enter the yard or if they were in your yard while executing their duties. As an example for the last one, if the LEO is chasing someone and that suspect jumps into your yard, no one is going to knock on your door and ask for permission. If someone gets bit in this scenario the dog might be destroyed but charges wouldn't be brought up against the owner, or at least nothing that would stick.
$150 USD isn't a lot of money for a PC, unless you have your next payday lined up I'd just spend it with my friends. javascript:editbox1.editTag('i')If on the other hand you do have at least a semi-regular income then it would be worth saving up for.
Yea I know.

That's why I was putting it towards my new PC.

I figured the cheapest solution was to buy a 70 dollar Dell Optiplex and spend the rest on a good Radeon GPU and RAM
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
Oh, you mean one of these:
http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/optiplex-xe2/pd?&~flushcache=vc432qa
I know what you mean, although I thought they would be around $150.

On topic:
Unless you need another PC, I use with your friends. Although, I already have 6 computers and am looking at another.
Save for college.
http://compare.ebay.com/like/400407213937?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Not exactly at the price I wanted, I'm going to continue searching though.

Unless you need another PC, I use with your friends. Although, I already have 6 computers and am looking at another.
I don't understand this sentence.
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
Well, first off, that is two sentences. I meant you should use the money with your friends, unless you need another PC. I probably don't need 6 computers, but I do and I am looking at another.
I really need a decent PC for gaming. I guess I'll put it towards it then.
Instead of a new computer, go for components: get RAM, a solid-state HD, a mean looking case, a sound card, faster ethernet card, some new fans, black-lights, headset, second (or third) monitor.

When you get some more money, you can invest in a new Mobo/CPU/GPU. Only go for something like RAM if your current Mobo still supports the latest standard. You don't want to buy crappy RAM because you are stuck with an old form-factor. Similar thing: you don't want to buy old PCI cards over PCIe cards because PCI is going out slowly. You can't go too wrong with the case as long as it supports both ATX and microATX form factors. You can put your current computer and your next computer in it.
Instead of a new computer
I need another. Seriously, mine is messed up. Black lights and multiple monitors are really useless to me (I have lots of monitors if I'd like another anyway). I have a headset already (compatible with Xbox, ps3, and PC), and I have 100s of fans laying around.

If I do what I was planning, I can get a decent gaming machine capable of running Skyrim at okay settings. That's all I need.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.