So we Live in a Black Hole...

Pages: 1... 91011
computerquip: Is that directed at me? I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to.
Unfortunately most people confuse religion and church.

the religion is the idea.
the church usually abuse it to gain power.

Last edited on
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
You guys believe what you want to believe. I'll believe what I want to believe.

I am finished.
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
Thread Title:
So we Live in a Black Hole...

Yeah....this thread is a black hole now. I'm done here.
Damn, I missed the completely-derailed religious argument. Oh well.

You may be confusing knowledge with belief. Of course we can't yet fully explain the nature of the Universe, or what was before the Big Bang, but in a couple hundred years we may!

The point being, science is the search for the truth, and anything that's found to be untrue is thrown away. You don't have to believe anything. Instead, you will doubt everything until there's nothing left to doubt. And then you will know everything. (Of course I'm being poetical, but that's the gist of it.)

I am finished.

I have never been trying to change what you believe. That was never my goal. Nowhere in this thread did I mean to suggest you should change your beliefs. If I came across that way, I apologize.

My only point here (or really the only one I care about) is that religious faith tends to close peoples minds to alternative explanations. I have given examples of when/how this has happened, and provided a link to an excellent video which explains it in great detail (in a remarkably neutral and nonoffensive way).

To see you simply wash your hands of it and walk away from the thread is my greatest fear (with regards to possible outcomes of this thread). By doing so, it in effect provides yet another example of what I'm talking about.

I really don't want to be right, because seeing this happening to so many people is very depressing to me. All I want is for people to get more knowledge. How can that possibly be a bad thing?

Please at least watch the video. I'll link it one last time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1te01rfEF0g

Again the intent is not to change your belief system. It is merely to encourage you to educate yourself on subjects you don't fully understand. Being educated does not mean you have to abandon your faith.

Look at it this way: the more you learn about evolution/etc, the easier it will be to defend your standpoint when someone tries to force it on you ;)

EDIT: The video actually might get a little offensive when he gets to the (largely meant to be comical) "Stupid design" stuff at the end. So you can stop watching at 28:40
Last edited on
@Disch I know you didn't. I'll watch the video soon and tell you what I think about it.

Also, one more thing, another way to prove the Bible is true is the predictions made in it. There are many examples of this, but I am only going to mention one. It predicted that Israel would become a nation again and would never fall again. Israel became a nation in 1948 again and still here today.

Edit: I will watch the video, but I may not be able to get back to you on it today. But, I will definitely watch it.

Also, I did not read any of the other posts above Disch's post above mine. Mainly because I know almost all of them will be against me.
Last edited on
Also, one more thing, another way to prove the Bible is true is the predictions made in it. There are many examples of this, but I am only going to mention one.

If you bothered to read through the material in the link I posted earlier, you know that, along with some success in the prophetic realm, there is some failure. That does not constitute "proof" and, indeed, could be interpreted by some as evidence of the opposite.
Also, I did not read any of the other posts above Disch's post above mine. Mainly because I know almost all of them will be against me.

You mean, "disagreeing with me"?

What do you achieve when you ignore people disagreeing with you? Comfort?
Well, yeah mostly. And, I know what you guys probably said.

Okay, I did read it now and some of it wasn't some of it was, sorry kinda
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 1... 91011