So we Live in a Black Hole...

Pages: 1234... 11
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Why not save a step? Why do we have to insert an eternal space wizard, where there is no evidence to suggest that one exists?
You technically have no proof the universe around you is real. I could simply be part of a scientist's computer program that's talking to you, and you could be hooked up to it.

You can only prove you exist, nothing else.
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
@darkestfright It makes no sense at all that a spec of dust exploded and created all of the planets, animals, humans all work and orbit, etc..
The references at the bottom of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-hole_cosmology might serve as a better reference for this mathematically entertaining model.
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
You technically have no proof the universe around you is real. I could simply be part of a scientist's computer program that's talking to you, and you could be hooked up to it.

And that wouldn't change the way I view, interact or perceive the world in any way. So what's your point?

It makes no sense at all that a spec of dust exploded and created all of the planets, animals, humans all work and orbit, etc..

Well, of course that doesn't make sense, that's (specifically, what you wrote) is not what the Big Bang Theory states at all. If you're too closed-minded to try to learn something new because you can't be bothered to try to learn something that doesn't seem particularly intuitive at first -- then I won't bother explaining it to you.
Last edited on
@darkestfright Sorry, there is no way I am going to believe it. No matter what you say about me (eg "close-minded") :P
Well, I'm curious then. What do you think happened?
And that wouldn't change the way I view, interact or perceive the world in any way. So what's your point?
What world?

For all we know a magical unicorn neighed and it created the universe.

That being said, I think there is a higher being.
It makes no sense at all that a spec of dust exploded and created all of the planets, animals, humans all work and orbit, etc..
Some centuries ago it didn't make sense that the Earth was not flat.
The greeks knew the earth was flat.

It's just as likely there is a God than it is there isn't.
What's the deal with greeks? And didn't you ask not to bring religion in the topic?
And didn't you ask not to bring religion in the topic?
Sh*t happens.

What do you mean "What's the deal with the Greeks?"?
Well, it seems like a pointless statement. My response was meant to point out that even if we think something is absurd it doesn't mean it can't be true.

Sorry, no religion in topic. I am not one of those extremely religious people who think everything is wrong to do.

Good argument, but don't care.
Sh*t happens.

It is not sh*t.
Good argument, but don't care.
Ouch.

It is not sh*t.
Never said it was.
@Lumpkin Sorry, misunderstood:
Sh*t happens.
Wait what?
I thought when you said:
Sh*t happens.

you were calling it sh*t, but now I understand you.
Sorry, no religion in topic. I am not one of those extremely religious people who think everything is wrong to do.

Who said that? I certainly didn't. I was just curious what scientific model for the origin of our universe you think is most likely to be true.
Lumpkin said that towards the top of the 1st page.
Oh, I thought you meant the no religion in topic thing, sorry.

Edit: To answer your question, a lot of people say that.
Last edited on
Pages: 1234... 11