So we Live in a Black Hole...

Pages: 123456... 11
Having read the first two pages and a little bit of the third (you guys have long posts), I have come up with a statement:

In every theory (including religion) there will always be the question: "But how did that come into being?" and that question can be repeated ad infinitum. Therefore, all theories are equally incorrect and correct at the same time.

Does anyone disagree?

Also, on a personal note: I am Christian and I do believe God created the universe. However, I do not go around telling people they are going to hell or that if they do not live like the bible says that they are wrong. And thus I do not believe it fair for everyone to state as such.
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
@Script Coder:
I do agree, also with the rest of your post too.

Edit:
(you guys have long posts)

I know, I am really starting to get tired of reading them.
Last edited on
I know, I am really starting to get tired of reading them.

That's why I stopped, also I figured the following:
1) Someone said it before
2) It was a pointless argument
3) If someone said what I had said they would have called me out on it
Someone said it before

It is mostly repeating what has already been said.
It was a pointless argument

Yeah, it is just going to and has gone back and forth with the same thing that has been said before.
If someone said what I had said they would have called me out on it

Good move.
We live in a tolerant culture. People can say what they want, but it doesn't make it true. People have to decide for themselves what they think is true. But the fact is, only one thing can be true, and I believe that it is the Bible creation account.

You decide for yourself.
Yep, I believe in the Bible creation account too.
You replied literally one minute after me.
Oh, yeah, I did.

Edit: a few seconds that time. :)
Last edited on
LOL
Me too (on all accounts)
Last edited on
closed account (N36fSL3A)
https://sphotos-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/426024_191476230958251_1338488474_n.jpg

But do you guys believe in the theory?
Last edited on
LOL

The black hole theory?

I really don't know, and I don't care. As long as God created it, I really don't care about what form the universe is in: Spec of dust(Horton Hears the Who movie), black hole, end of a shoe, etc.
I should probably know this, but what theory?
In physics you can approximate the escape velocity a planet or large body -- that is, the velocity an object needs to be going in order to escape the gravitational influence of said body. I was hoping that if I plugged in the (estimated) mass and radius of the Universe that it would give me something close to or greater than the speed of light. The escape velocity of Black holes is > the speed of light. So yeah.
But then there are like 20 different approximations for the Universes radius and mass. So there would be no way for that to make any sense.

On another note, we could all be organoids.

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/352830/description/Tiny_human_almost-brains_made_in_lab

Brains grown in a petri dish from stem cells. We could all be that.
There are too many ways to think about where we've come from or what we actually are, so I think the question is irrelevant.
Yeah, we could just be brains connected to a Supercomputer that simulates the real world.

If you are a computer, say Aye!

EDIT:As is obvious in the world, the computer doesn't make all the people say the truth, so I won't get any affirmatives.

EDIT 2: As well, all of the computer fake people's m_PersonType == "Human"

so, all of them would just reply Human, anyway
Last edited on
there are like 20 different approximations for the Universes radius and mass.

The universe would have to go on forever. If it stopped at one point, wouldn't there have to be something on the other side?

I just saw that thing about the tiny brains today.
These hardcore creationist posts really make my complaints about the poor qualify of C++ education or the lack of software engineering in american curricula seem insignificant. This is far more terrifying.
cppprogrammer297 wrote:
The universe would have to go on forever. If it stopped at one point, wouldn't there have to be something on the other side?
We know that the Universe is expanding. If something is to expand it must be finite.

EDIT:
Or maybe we just think we know. Fuck it, nothing can be proved. :p
Last edited on
On another note, we could all be organoids.

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/352830/description/Tiny_human_almost-brains_made_in_lab

Brains grown in a petri dish from stem cells. We could all be that.
There are too many ways to think about where we've come from or what we actually are, so I think the question is irrelevant.

Then we would be superbly dumb.
I often wonder, are creationists serious about their beliefs? I mean... really. Believing in the Big Bang is one thing. It's a complex theory, plenty mathematical assumptions, there's the possibility it might be wrong. Evolution though.... aside from being constantly misunderstood, is a natural state of affairs. It's selective breeding on a grand scale with the environment as the driving force. Random mutations occur, occasional they improve the chance of reproduction in the environment, statistics take over from there and they propagate. Not believing in that shows either lack of knowledge or inability to understand the core concepts.
Pages: 123456... 11